Thursday 28 July 2016

My before & afters - why I do them..

Hey everyone!

I was not ever planning to do a blog post on this but it has been brought to my attention a lot recently and I think it's for many reasons!

People always ask: why do you do before and afters? I have a few answers for that one. Mainly, I like to show the power of makeup and what it can do, how it can change how a person looks. Secondly, I do like to show off my talent at covering blemishes, it's not hard to do but I like that side of it too, as vain as it may sound. Thirdly, just because I can.



People also ask: where did  you find the confidence to show off your bare face? To be honest, showing my bare face is not an issue for me. I can take selfies without makeup, I can go about my day without a scrap of makeup on like I'm just okay with it. I wouldn't say I'm too comfortable in my own skin because if you've been reading recently then you will know that I'm undergoing some skincare treatments to help my skin so I'm not comfortable with my blemishes but I just live with them.



People then ask: but why and how do you do it? My answer to that is, we're all humans. It doesn't matter if you're male, female, a makeup addict or a natural beauty. We will probably all experience a blemish at least once or twice in our life. Some of us get it bad and some may be lucky to only get a few blemishes a year! Everyone is different, everyone's skin is different but we're all subject to a blemish or two.



I just want to show my followers on Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat that it's okay like. It's fine to show off a bare face. We're all in the one boat. I just didn't want to be constantly uploading photos of myself with full coverage makeup & my skin looking flawless and people thinking: wow she has great skin. The fact of the matter is that I don't have perfect skin and probably never will.



I don't have acne but I do get bad breakouts. If you do suffer from any skin problems I would recommend seeing a professional to help you get it sorted. That's what I'm doing right now and I'm so excited to get on the road to better skin. I'm hoping my skin will improve but I'll still do before and after's! I have freckles and pigmentation and all that good stuff so don't worry, I'll still have to cover up a few bits.



I hope you enjoyed this post and gained a bit more confidence about your skin. Just remember we're all human, we all get a spot or two and you can go out in public without makeup on! I only wear makeup about 3 times a week so it's not big deal! Don't worry or stress about it, go see someone if you are concerned but just don't let your skin hold you back. I feel awful when someone tells me they can't go into town without a full face on, it's such a pity because you could just be going for milk!

I'd encourage you to take a few bare faced selfies! Let's all remind each other that it's grand to not have a flawless face! It's so unrealistic anyways, no one has a flawless face. Not even Beyonce or Kendall Jenner so don't be too hard on yourself!



Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment