Thursday 28 July 2016

My skin care consultation!

Hey everyone!

So today I want to tell you all about my skincare consultation but I'm going to have to throw in a disclaimer!

This is about MY skin, MY skin type, texture and needs. I would highly suggest you go see a professional about YOUR skin. Everyone is different, we all have different needs and you won't know these needs until you go see someone about it. I would recommend Marcelle because she has been in the business for years and all consultations about skincare treatments and needs are free so it would be a good idea to go have you skin checked out.

Now that's out of the way, you may have seen my blog post about the products I was bringing to the consultation. I brought an entire bag full of stuff, the poor woman didn't know what to do when she saw me coming. I will leave photos below of what I can use now so you'll be able to see the difference in what products I had before and now!

So my skin type is oily in the t-zone and normal everywhere else & also not sensitive so please keep that in mind. I knew I had an oily t-zone, you can see that from a mile off but I didn't know the rest.

I had a heap of products that were amazing but just not suited for my skin type. I had a range of sensitive skin products and anti-wrinkle creams! Handy to have but I don't need them just yet.

So for me, we got rid of everything for sensitive skin and anti-aging products. Needless to say my mother was delighted to get my leftovers! To be honest, I never even looked at the labeling of products & didn't even think it was a bad thing to have sensitive skin products - I thought they were all the same!

I'm no professional but Marcelle is and she recommends to buy products that only suit your skin type because otherwise it just won't work for you. So there's a little tip. Read the label and buy what suits you. I do not have sensitive skin so I didn't need half of what I had. Now the products did work on me, just not as well as they would have if they were actually for oily skin.

I also had a tone of dry skin products which I don't have. It would be very strange for me to have dry patches, I think I've gotten 2 in my life and that was due to cold Winters!

But lads other than those few bits I'm going to go into too much detail because as I said, you'd be better off to go see a professional rather than take my word for any products. I'm just going to leave photos below of what products I have now so that you can compare from last time. I'm also going to throw in a photo of my skin now, it's currently getting used to a new routine so it will get worse before it gets better so that's why I have even more of a break out now!


So as you can see my skin isn't that much better but hopefully it will get there!








I had a double up of the Skincode products there because the cleansing gel was in the bathroom and I'm very lazy. I'm also aware that the Micellar water is for sensitive skin but I needed to keep it to remove my makeup but I will be picking up the one for oily skin!

I hope you enjoyed this post. I'm going to leave a link to my last post here, so that you can compare - http://jodirochemakeup.blogspot.ie/2016/07/what-products-ill-be-taking-to-my-skin.html

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment