Tuesday 26 July 2016

My First Ever Massage!

Hey everyone!

I'm going to bombard you with blog posts today but while it's fresh in my head I wanted to share it with you all. So while I was getting my facial done I also got a massage. First time ever getting a proper massage and why have I waited so long? Now Marcelle and Siobhan are so lovely that they wanted me to experience it and by God will I be going back for more.



It was truly the perfect evening, perfect way to relax and de-stress and just forget about life for a little while. I can't thank or recommend the girls enough for being so lovely to me and making me feel at ease.

Now I can't say that I suffer from anxiety or anything like that because I honestly don't know much about it and I just don't know but certain situations can be stressful so I won't say I was anxious but I was definitely nervous about even just getting a facial! This massage was a little surprise for me so I was kinda thrown in at the deep end. Remember this was my first time ever getting a massage of any sort.

Today was a day full of 'firsts' but anyways I just felt it was important to tell you that I was a bit nervous when I heard I would be getting a massage because I just didn't know what it would entail like of course I've seen and heard about it all but I dunno the thought of not having any clothes on the top half just scared me. But it was actually grand. At the end of the day, we're all women and I was covered fully anyway and given my own space and time to change and stuff like that.

So although I was a bit uneasy about it, I was grand once we got into it. Siobhan does the massages in Marcelle's Beauty Rooms and she is just fab! I got a neck, shoulder and back massage and also an Indian scalp massage.

Now I'm the kind of person that doesn't know if they're allowed talk for these things so I relaxed for the first while but then wanted to ask about all of this and Siobhan was more than happy to chat away to me and explain it all.

A neck, shoulder and back massage is what is says on the tin and Siobhan just uses her hands and oils for this which is absolutely lovely. I think anyone and everyone would benefit from that massage because we all carry a lot of stress on our shoulders and it's good to get a massage to release all of the stress! I had a heap of knots in my back which are all gone now, thank God.

The scalp massage is actually part of the Indian head massage but because I was getting a facial the girls didn't want to be mixing oils in with the Nía products but the scalp massage was lovely again. So relaxing and I love it when anyone plays with my hair anyways so I almost fell asleep during that! This relaxes you and can help stimulate hair growth! So many benefits to it all.

Lads like I honestly don't know why I didn't do any of this sooner. I'm always complaining about the pain and knots in my back to my friends and family and they always tell me to go do something about but I was just scared to be honest, I didn't want it to hurt me! This Indian head massage costs just €20.

As I mentioned I didn't have the full thing because of the facial but the next time I book in I'll be getting it all done because Siobhan told me that it can really help with sinus issues which I have too, I constantly get migraines and I'll do anything to help them. So I'm really excited to go back again!

I just want to thank the girls for throwing that in for me too, I really enjoyed it and appreciate it. I will 100% be back for more massages and treatments. They actually won't get rid of me but I just think it's good to treat yourself because we all need a break from time to time!

I will leave all of Siobhan's details below incase any of ye want to look into it but I would highly recommend it. I actually have had trouble sleeping the past week or two and I feel like I'm still so relaxed and ready for bed today!




I hope you enjoyed this post and treat yourself some evening to unwind from it all.

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment