Wednesday 20 July 2016

Why I will no longer be blogging about skincare..

Hey everyone!

Today is going to be a bit different but as you can tell from the title I will not be blogging about skincare products anymore. Well what I really mean is, I will not be trying and testing out new products all the time. Not as often as I used to and I just want to explain why.

In recent weeks my skin has been terrible. I do not have acne or any type of acne because I know it varies but nope I just have an oily t-zone and then normal skin everywhere else on my face. I'm sure many of you can relate to this.

But recently I have been having a lot of break outs. Typically I get the spots with the white heads on them, gross I know but I want you to understand my skin and what my problems are.

You see lads, I consider myself relatively new to blogging still and when you start out blogging & you enjoy it, you are going to post as much as possible and you are going to want to try out everything and give your opinion as quickly as you possibly can. That's how I felt anyway like that is how I operated.

Now lads, I'm not even qualified in makeup so I'm by no means a skincare expert. I haven't a notion about it and any tips or tricks that I have come across have mainly been from other beauty bloggers. Now that my skin has taken a turn for the worst, I don't know how to fix this so I certainly should not be recommending products to you to try out either because I just don't know. We all make mistakes and I want to take this time to apologize for ever recommending skincare products to my readers. Your skin is yours and every one is different. What works for me may not work for you and I know I can always throw that disclaimer into a blog post but I would still feel bad for doing that. I was in Marcelles Beauty Room, in Abbeyside, getting my nails done but Marcelle does more than nails, she is a skincare expert.

So as I got chatting to Marcelle she told me that my skin may be suffering from trying out all of these new products for review, which totally makes sense to me.

I know you all love my before and afters with my ability to cover my blemishes but as I said, you skin is yours. I want my skin to be perfect for myself. I would love nothing more than a clean. smooth canvas to apply my makeup on and I think you can all agree.



I once heard, you can have the most perfect smokey eye in the world but if you don't have a good base then forget about it. Which I think is true, like just imagine it? Now I know good lighting and good angles help but in person, in real life I want that flawless look. I want someone to see a photo of my art on my face online but then I want them to pass me in town and think: wow her skin/base really is that flawless.

So guys those are my reasons for not blogging about skincare or trying out new skincare products as often as I used to. Saying that. I will still blog about skincare but I will have to remind you that this is MY skin MY experience and what is suited to ME. As mentioned, I go to Marcelle's Beauty Room. Marcelle has kindly agreed to give me a skin consultation while I'm getting a facial from her. Marcelle had a look at my skin and knows what facial I need.

I would recommend Marcelle to anyone as she knows her stuff. Skincare is different for everyone and you just have to find what works best for you. In this case I need professional help so if you're like me I would urge you to go see someone. I'm sure Marcelle would not mind helping anyone out, I will leave all of her info below for you so if you're in the Abbeyside/Dungarvan area pop in or drop her a text.

I'm going on Tuesday to get my facial and skin consultation. I will be bringing my whole range of skincare products and Marcelle is going to tell me what to bin and what to keep. I know Marcelle uses Nia Natural products which is actually an Irish skincare brand and you all know how much I love to support Irish so that's a huge plus.

I will be blogging about this experience but I will constantly remind you that this is just for ME. I would seriously urge anyone to go see someone about their skin and what products they should be using because the skin is an organ, you might find that hard to believe but it's the largest organ in the body so you have to take care of it. And for us females our skin on our faces always seem to be a problem and something that we need to take care of.

So guys that is my update. I hope you can all understand where I'm coming from and agree with me. If not that's fine but this is just how it's going to be from now on. I will still try new products but I'm going to seek professional help and guidance first and then whenever I get the go ahead to try something new, I will. I'm sorry but I won't be blogging something every week about skincare like I used to. It's not fair on my own skin and it's not fair on you as a reader.

Just to clarify, I have never lied about what works for me. I do find products that I like but at the moment, nothing seems to clear up my skin. This is why I'm getting help with it. So I really hope you can understand and appreciate my point of view some bit.

I'm just going to leave some photos of my skin below and also a photo of Marcelle's treatments and prices. I'll be getting a facial which is €50 and I'm getting a consultation while getting this done. There will be before and after photos and all that good stuff to follow. So I'm excited for Tuesday to begin this skincare journey and I hope you don't mind following me on this journey.









Let me know your thoughts! I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks for reading!Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment