Thursday 18 August 2016

My Daith Piercing

Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to briefly talk about this piercing that I got about 3 weeks ago. It's called the Daith, you may have heard of this before.

The reason you would have heard of this would be because there's a myth that the Daith piercing can 'cure' migraines. Well I've been getting a tone of questions about it and how it's working for me so I'm going to try to tell you everything about my experience with it.

First of all, I got mine done in Something Funky, Dungarvan and it cost me €15. You won't believe me when I tell you how terrified I am of needles and piercings because I'm covered in tattoos but they're so much more different, to me anyway.

Like many people, I suffer from daily headaches and the occasional migraine. My migraines stem from smells, so basically, I have a really sensitive nose. My mother couldn't even light a tea light candle without me complaining about the smell off it even though there is none! As you can imagine I couldn't use spray deodorant or perfume without getting a headache at least. I would avoid LUSH like the plague and as mentioned, no candles in the house or anything like that.

It's the bane of my life because everything has a smell to it. Especially when I'm doing makeup and a client has a lovely perfume on but I'm secretly dying inside with the pain haha!

I think I heard of this piercing 'curing' migraines well over a year ago. I done my research and watched YouTube videos on it. I found out that it is a 50/50 chance that it may work on a person. Everyone is different, what works for me may not work for you. But I was so tired of it, I just said I'd go for it.

To be honest, I haven't looked back since. It's actually working for me. As I said, it's been about 3 weeks now and I haven't had one headache let alone migraine. I know it's easy for me to say: take the chance! simply because it's working for me but it might actually work for you too. If it doesn't work at least you have a pretty piercing.



I just want to educate you and make sure that you're fully aware that it may NOT cure your migraines like it did for me. Thankfully it worked for me because now we have candles burning and lashing of perfume on us going around the house! It's actually life changing haha.

A big question was: did it hurt? I mean, it's not like I didn't feel it but it wasn't painful either. Trust me, if a whimp like me can sit down and get it done no bother then anyone can. Plus it's over in like less than a minute. I couldn't have recommended Something Funky more to be honest, they made sure I was okay at all times, talked me through it all and wouldn't let me leave until they knew I was 100% okay. After all, you've just wounded your ear, your body can and will go into a bit of a shock, there are sugar levels that either go high or low and mix in adrenaline with that, you're bound to get a bit light headed.

I would recommend eating a small snack before hand and also pick up a bottle of Coke or 7UP for after wards! Just to make sure you're okay and then also eat after too. It is a big enough piercing to get done so just mind yourself. The lads in Something Funky will go through it all with you and tell you about aftercare and all that, I'm not a pro so I'll leave that to them.



I think that's it! Your Daith part on your ear will swell a bit but it'll go after a couple of days. It doesn't hurt to sleep on and it's not sore to get done and it won't be sore after you get it done either.

So lads that's just my experience with it all. I would recommend you get it done and it might make a difference for your migraines or headaches. Just do your research on it beforehand, like you should with everything! And if you think you're too old for it, you're silly because you can't even see the piercing at all and then after about 6-8 weeks you can go back into the lads for a smaller bar if you wish so don't worry about that!

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment