Wednesday 24 August 2016

Sleek MakeUp Palette & Illuminator - First Impressions

Hey everyone!

Today I want to share my initial thoughts on some +Sleek MakeUP products which we were kindly gifted at the #deisebloggers event a few weeks ago. These are available for half price in The Waterford Health Park Pharmacy and also Joe Kelly's Chemist Abbeyside.

You may have seen these products before and be interested to know what they're like. So here are my first impressions! I will be doing a snapchat tutorial using them tomorrow so stay tuned. My username is: liljodibubz

So first up is the Sleek illuminator in Cuba!


So to be honest, I wasn't to keen on this when I first saw it, simply because it's pink. Now a pink highlighter is amazinggg however I tend to mix these in with foundations and I personally rather myself and clients to have a more yellow base. Most of my clients wear fake tan so you do need a yellow base to help that match and it's just a personal preference of mine. I honestly just thought that I wouldn't ever use this.



But I was wrong. I pumped a bit onto my hand and blended it out and just wow. You can see for yourself.


So as you can see it almost has a golden touch to it. It's not as pink as I thought it would be, judging by the bottle! I always see ncmakeup use this in her tutorials on snapchat and wondered how she wasn't ever pink! And now I know why. I'm so excited to use this! This is in and around the €11 mark.

Next up I have a multi-purpose palette from Sleek. This has 4 eye-shadows and two cheek colours. It's an eye & cheek palette called Dancing Til Dusk.


I know that this is currently half price in The Waterford Health Park Pharmacy and in Joe Kelly's Abbeyside! I think it'll cost you about €6.

Now if you've been following me you would know that I picked up the other Sleek eye & cheek palette and I wasn't too fond of it so I wasn't expecting much from this.


As you can see, these are absolutely stunning, wearable colours. Everyone and anyone can/will wear colours like this. Now being honest, the other palette looked fantastic as well so I wasn't letting the look of it affect me because it's really all about the formula. So I had to jump in and do a few swatches.


There's the top three swatched on my arm. Look at the brown shade!


And there's the bottom three swatched along side them.

These have swatched beautifully and much better than the other palette. Must have been a bad batch or something! That's how they got into Dealz lol.

But no honestly I'm so impressed with this palette now. They feel so soft and smooth. I know arm swatches are different to on the eye but that's just to give you an idea. I'll do a tutorial on them tomorrow. I cannot wait to give both products a go!


My overall first impression of both products is positive. I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't have high hopes for them.

Can't wait to use these tomorrow in a tutorial so stay tuned! 

Hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've tried these.

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment