Friday 5 August 2016

Micro-needling: My first session!

Hi everyone!

So today I went for my first session of micro-needling with Marcelle. I honestly had no idea what it entailed so I was clueless going in. I just knew it was a load of tiny needles in a pen but I didn't know anything else!




First of all I want to say that I paid for this myself and all that jazz! The first session costs €75. You can get your first session done to see how you feel about it, if you like it, everyone is different so this will be my experience. After the first session, you will need about 3 more to start to see real results. The whole thing including the first session costs €260. You only need to get one session per month so you can pay in full or monthly. I will be paying monthly.

Now that all of the technical stuff is out of the way let's jump into the treatment! So here is my skin before. Very bad at the moment, if you follow me on snapchat you'll know it was getting me down so I was excited to start micro-needling.


So I went in anyways with Marcelle and she applied a numbing cream to my face. I was delighted to hear this so I knew it wouldn't hurt, I wouldn't feel a thing! This takes about 15 minutes to work into the skin and take effect.


After that Marcelle showed me my new clean needle and the device and all that jazz! Marcelle is very informative and tells you everything step by step.


This reminded my of the device used on my brows but just that bit bigger. The needles are tiny! There's loads of them but they go around at a fast speed to it's like vibrations.

Now here's the bit where we actually got started. Marcelle starts the treatment on the cheek area as that has the most chubbiness I guess haha! For me anyway it does. Just to start off so you get a feel of the treatment. 

Honestly lads it's like a small vibration on your face. It's not one bit painful, I actually found it relaxing! This is not bad at all and anyone would be able to sit through it. It's all numbed so you can't feel a thing.


This took about 20 minutes on my face. Everyone is different but it's roughly between 20-35 minutes. As I said I found it relaxing so I really enjoyed this treatment. Everything is feeling fine at this point!

And now here is when we were done!


As you can see from my snapchat, I wouldn't recommend planning anything after this treatment haha! So basically your face feels sun burnt. It just feels really hot like a sun burn but Marcelle applies a balm to cool down the skin and it's been about two hours and my skin feels fine now! Everyone reacts differently though, Marcelle said some people can be a light shade of pink even a day or two later but as I said just don't be running around town!

I got the liquid and needling where I needed it and suited for my skin type which is oily but Marcelle will give you exactly what your skin needs so don't worry about that.

You shouldn't wear makeup for at least 24 hours and if you can go 48 then even better. 

So guys I think that's it! Basically, it didn't hurt at all but I am red! As mentioned I will be getting three more so I will keep you all updated on my journey and all that. Right now, my skin feels good, it looks crazy but feels nice and firm. I'm enjoying this treatment!

This treatment is for a number of things. I got this to reduce scars from blemishes and also to unclog my pores but it can be used for a variety of things!



I hope you found this helpful. If you have any questions you can pop myself or Marcelle a message. Marcelle's details are above so screengrab those if you want! Safe to say I won't be heading anywhere tonight haha.

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment