Monday 1 August 2016

Stylpro - Review

Hey everyone!

Today I want to share my thoughts on the Stylpro. So basically, the stylpro is a machine that washes and dries your brushes in like 15 seconds! Sounds great doesn't it? Well I don't know, great in theory but how was it when it was put to the test?

I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this device. I got mine on Meaghers Pharmacy for €58.50 and free shipping. So Meaghers is an unreal pharmacy because it was here within two days and packaged amazingly, I would 100% shop online with them again but they just stock the Stylpro. If you're in Waterford I believe Mulligans pharmacy stock it now too!



As you can imagine, I was over the moon when it arrived and couldn't wait to play. My first impression was that this is amazing, the best thing ever. I absolutely loved it. However, my brushes were not that dirty so I didn't get the full effect of it all at first. But I've had this a few weeks now and can give a full review.



The Stylpro came with everything included even the batteries which I was impressed with anyways because I didn't have batteries to fit it at home! Everything is included bar the cleansing soap. I didn't buy the cleansing soap because I already had a perfectly good brush cleaner solution so if you don't need it don't buy it cause that would have been another €15!



Anyways, you can see from the photos what's included and how to assemble it and all of that jazz. It's a really easy tool to use but now here are the problems I have with it.



1. It didn't clean my brushes as well as I had hoped. Maybe that was because of my brush cleaner but I saw someone say that you could use the Penneys brush cleaner in it which I did, I even used the Flormar one and my Ziaja. All of these clean amazingly when I do it manually but just didn't work as well for me with this machine.

2. It's a pain to change the brushes out of the holders. So these holders are made of rubber and some brush handles have rubber at the end of them too. You can only imagine the pulling a tearing I would be doing trying to get my semi-clean but dry brush out of these holders. It's just a pain for a small girl with weak wrists. And also, you have to obvs constantly change the brushes out of these holders - it's a nightmare for me.

3. You have to change the water after like two brushes. I find that maybe that's wasting more water and more brush cleaner than I would if I were to do it manually. It's just a waste and annoying to constantly go back to the sink and change it and add more solution and all that.

So yeah as you can see I don't really like this device. The only thing I like about it is that is does dry your brushes in 10 seconds. Even at that, I still have to deal with the annoying holders.



I honestly can't recommend this, I would only recommend it if you had a few brushes for yourself. I actually think an MUA or just someone with a lot of brushes would be better off doing it the old fashioned way and letting them drip dry over night cause it's a pain.



I haven't used this much at all due to the annoyance of it all. I really don't think it's worth the €60 but that's just my opinion. I know loads of bloggers and MUA's love this but I don't share that love. I like the product but I just don't love it and I didn't really need it in my life.

I'm not a person who is set in my ways, I bought this thinking it would make life easier and quicker. I would do anything to speed up the washing and drying of brushes, believe me. This product just didn't do it for me. As I said, great in theory but when put to the test, it's a let down for me.

I've used it maybe 5 times? It's just the fact that my wrists genuinely can't take the fight between getting the brush out of that rubber holder and putting in a new one. I actually might sell it because it's just sitting there. My father saw me washing brushes in the sink again and he was like I can't believe you but I mean it just doesn't work for me.



I would say this is a lovely gift to get for someone to clean their personal brushes with but I wouldn't recommend you spending your hard earned money on it. It's just not worth it, in my opinion.

Again, I'm not bashing the brand or product but this is my blog and this is my opinion and I'm just letting you know! It's not a life changing product but it's good. I would use this to dry brushes that are still wet the next morning.

If any of you have this device please let me know and tell me how you're getting on with it all and yeah, I would love to know your opinion. If you have any suggestions for me on how to make it work easier then I would really appreciate that!

So yeah, that's where I stand on this tool. I hope you enjoyed this review and feel a bit more informed.

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment