Tuesday 18 August 2015

My Makeup Collection: Foundations

Hey everyone!

Today I want to share my foundations with you!

You know the drill..now on to the blog post..

So first up I have I think my first proper foundation aside from Elizabeth Arden or Panstick haha! It's the MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20, this is not my normal shade..it's actually my going out shade.. I know the paleness! But I love this foundation purely because of full coverage. Every foundation I have is full coverage anyway so if you would like a light foundation I'm just sorry I don't have one. I also love how yelllow toned NC is from MAC. MAC to do undertones which are NC - yellow and NW - pink. Yellow based foundations are perfect when you have a tan or fake tan. Fake tan can turn green when it's old so there's your yellow undertone. This can be got in MAC in Brown Thomas and it costs about €35 and I would highly recommend it! Last forever too - a little goes a long way! 9/10.


Next I have my Vichy Dermablend in the shade 45 Gold. I picked this up in Lloyds Pharmacy in town but Sam McCauley's also stock it. It costs about €22 which isn't too bad. I actually haven't used this alone as I tend to mix foundations for a correct shade. But this is new to me and I have found that by adding a pea sized amount of this to a mixture makes a perfect,flawless full coverage foundation. This foundation is pretty much a combo of Vichy and Dermablend so it's brilliant for people with problem skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone that suffers from acne or just breakouts. This can be used as a concealer too! For the price and quality 9/10. The colour is also great but this shade is for when you have a tan.


Now I have another Vichy foundation, This is Vichy Ideal Teint foundation which is an illuminating foundation with super full coverage, Again I picked this up in Lloyds for €18 - it was on sale! I have the shade 45 & 55. I mix both together along with other foundations but the shade 55 is all I use on clients with a tan be it fake or real. The shade 55 is just perfection for a tan. I have raved about this on my Facebook page too. Perfect foundation when taking photos too as there is no white cast when a flash is used. Probably my new fav foundation ever! Need to pick up another bottle soon! 10/10.


Next I have another illuminating foundation but this one is from NYC and costs €4.50. Unfortunately I have not tested this out but said I would show anyway!


Next I have another cheap foundation but this I have used and absolutely love. It's from Catrice and it is their all matte foundation. Costs about €7. This foundation is full full coverage and also MATTE. Perfect for those with oily skin. I have the lightest shade which is 010 light but it's grand for me and I'm as white as a ghost! I really love this for everyday wear,, I used to wear this all the time in school and people would ask what is it because it's so nice, well it's just my Catrice foundation. I haven't worn it in a while but I know I'll keep going back to it everytime. For price and quality? 9/10. It's brilliant stuff.


Now I have this one by Essence which is the stay all day foundation and I have the shade 30 Soft Sand. I don't know how much this is as a friend gave it to me but I'm sure it's not expensive. I haven't used this alone but it is a great foundation for mixing in with others too and the colour is defo for when you're tanned! 7/10.


Now for an expensive brand again haha. I have this foundation by Clinique it's called Superfit Makeup and I have the shade 33 Nutmeg which is honestly so so dark. I only use this when a client has very dark skin but this is a lovely foundation and blends out beautifully. This is probably the lightest type of foundation as in you can still see your skin under it, Freckles will poke through. No idea how much but I'm sure it's dear enough! 6/10.


Next up is Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid and I have the shade 40 Fawn. As you can tell most of my foundations are on the darker side as most of my clients wear tan. This foundation was bought to replace my Loreal True Match and I have used this on it's own and I love it also. This costs about €12 I think. Gives a gorgeous dewy, glowy finish to the skin. Your skin literally does look like satin and just so soft and smooth. I love this foundation for that type of finish. 8/10.


Next I have a bit of a funny one. This was given to me by a friend and she lives in the states so I'm sure if you can get it here in Ireland but maybe you can. It's from Neutrogena and it is their SkinClearing oil-free makeup. This foundation is very dark also so only for my darker clients but amazing, This is just full coverage and like the Dermablend it is for problem skin so I do love this and it blends out lovely. 8/10. And I have the shade Tan 120.


Next I have Revlon ColorStay foundation in the shade 180 Sand Beige. This is meant to be a dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear but I don't know because I've never used double wear myself. But it is really thick and really full coverage. Once you put this on it is not going anywhere! It literally sticks to your face. I hear that Revlon is being sold exculsively at Debenhams from now on - all the chemists in town are selling it off - Get to Murrays chemist in town or Joe Kellys in Abbeyside for discounted Revlon! Murrays are selling all of their stock for just €5 so defo check it out. I loveeee this foundation. This mixed with my MAC is my going out foundation. 9/10.


Last but not least cause I have so much to talk about with this is L'Oreal True Match foundation. This is my go to foundation. It is full coverage and doesn't budge all day long. It's pretty much perfect. Costs €15 a bottle but there are also always offers on and you can get this in Sam McCauleys or Boots. I have so many shades but I'm going to talk a small bit about each one..

  1. Ivory - the BEST drugstore foundation for pale people. Like I mean as pale as a ghost. It is perfection. So white just so pale it's great and a neutral undertone. If you want an expensive foundation that is even whiter than white MAC NC13 or NC10 - it's like white paint. But fab,
  2. Rosy Vanilla - More pinky toned than yellow toned but perfect for everday look if you're some what a normal colour and not pale haha.
  3. Beige - Defo pinky toned. Defo dark. Not great for a tan colour but mix this with a foundation with a yellow undertone and you get the perfect dark yellow toned foundation shade.
  4. Golden Beige - So yellow toned you'll look like La La from Tellytubbies. It's just perfect like honestly I rather this over my MAC NC20. It's just perfect for a tan. 100% yellow toned.


Hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. If you're going to try anything please try the L'Oreal True Match foundation :)

Thanks so much for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment