Sunday 9 August 2015

How to: Naked 1 vs Naked 2 eye-shadow tutorial

Hi everyone!

An eye-shadow how to was requested so here it is. The girl herself has the Naked palette 1,2 & 3! However I only have Naked 1 & 2, 3 was too pink for my own liking.

I have created 4 eye looks using both palettes. A day time one from each and a night time look from each. I also only used the brushes that came with the palette which I don't really like, they aren't as soft as my others but everyone and their mother has one of the three palettes so of course they'll have the brushes too!


Please ignore the rest of my face as I only wanted to do the eye looks, not a whole face of makeup.
I always do my brows first and conceal around them so that's why my brows are done haha.

Now onto the look..

Naked 2 



Day Time

So as a base I applied my Catrice camouflage concealer all over the eye lid. Then applied some Catrice actual eye-shadow primer. Blend out with your finger and set with baby powder on a fluffy brush.



I used the shade Bootycall to highlight my brow bone and inner corner of the eye. I used the small flat brush which is on the double ended brush that came with the palette. Just use a patting motion to apply that.


 Then using the fluffy end of the double ended brush I just swiped Tease into the crease. Blend until your arm falls off. Literally. These brushes aren't the best but a lot of blending helps. Sweep over and back across the crease. Whenever you pick up some colour - do a little flick of the wrist or tap off the excess gently to avoid messes!




Next I flipping the brush back onto the small flat side, I applied Verve on the inner corner of the eye. Again just pat this into the area.


Next pat the shade Chopper on the center/middle of the eye. When you want to just blend Chopper with Verve just gently wiggle the brush in between the two colours.


Then for the final bit of the day time look add YDK to the outer corner of the eye and blend in with Chopper but really gently. This was all done using the small flat brush on the double ended brush.


You can then clean up the edges with a baby wipe or concealer and that's the day time look done. Of course add your liner and mascara if you want to :) I'll do this when I'm done the night time look.

Night Time

Now to darken it up a bit.. I applied Busted kind of in the middle of the eye. I have tiny eyes so I want to keep my inner corner nice and bright and open. I forgot to photo this step but you'll see anyway. Apply this in a patting motion and kinda blend it into Chopper.

Next I applied Blackout - again in a patting motion - on the outer corner of the eye.






As you can see I used the tip of the small flat brush to really get Blackout into the crease and keep it defined.

Then I blended it all out by adding Snakebite into the crease. Use the fluffy end of the brush to do this. And blend until your arm falls off. Try to keep half the brush on the lid and half in the crease/above the crease. You can see here..






Sweep over and back across the crease and ignore my face hahaha.



Then take Blackout on the tip of the small flat brush and run that along your lower lash line.


Then you just add your mascara and liner if you wear liner and you're done!



Now since I want to only use the brushes that came with the palettes, I took my brush cleaner by PS Love - Penneys - and gave the Naked 2 brush a good clean before moving onto Naked 1..


Naked 1



Day Time

The base is same as the other eye so moving along.. I used Sin & Virgin to highlight the brow bone and inner corner. Then with the fluffy end of the brush I lightly applied the shade Naked into the crease.


To deepen that I added the shade Buck to the outer crease.


Then I applied Sin to the inner corner with the small flat brush. And then patted Sidecar onto the center of the eye.


I applied Toasted to the outer corner of the eye and then that is the day time look done!


Night Time

Now to go to the dark side.. to darken the crease I applied a mix of Smog & Darkhorse with the fluffy end of the brush. Only dip the brush in once and lightly to both of these colours. You can make it darker if you want but build it up - don't go in heavy handed. Do it lightly and add more if you want.
Blend this until tomorrow comes...



Then pat the famous shade Half Baked on to the middle of the lid.


Next apply Hustle to the outer corner of the eye.

Then we're going to apply Gunmetal over Hustle and into the crease.


Then taking the tip of the small flat brush, apply Gunmetal to the lower lash line.


And then apply your final touches mascara and liner!





And we're done yaaaay! Sorry that this was such a long post but I hoped it helped someone :)


Which do you rather? I actually rather Naked 2!

Hope you enjoyed this post

Thanks for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment