Saturday 29 August 2015

Celebrity Inspired Makeup

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to do a celeb inspired makeup look. This is not your usual celeb but if you're interested in makeup you will know who she is. She's YouTube and Instagram famous.. it's none other than DESI PERKINS. Annnd half of you are like who? I'll post all her social media links below.



I've been following Desi for about a year now and I love her. I'm just obsessed. So Desi lives in America and I'm fairly sure she's Latino so I'll never have her fan tanned skin but her makeup skills are goals, you'll see for yourself.

On to the look... this is the one I was inspired by and tried to kinda re-create..



This is pretty much a FOTD but with a twist, I'll show you what I have used and talk a bit about where to place things and what not.

Primer: Nivea Man Post Shave Balm
Foundation: L'Oreal True Match
Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

*Then I put just a bit of High Beam by Benefit on the cheek bones to highlight*

Powder: Baby Powder

Brows: Brow Beater by Urban Decay
Concealer: Catrice Camouflage Concealer - to shape around brows
Set: Clear Mascara

Eyes: MAC Amber Times Nine Eye-shadow Palette - to my surprise doesn't actually have Amber Lights in the palette? Strange..



So using my fluffy blending brush I took the first 4 colours in the palette ( Cozy Grey, Kitties, Georgia Peach & Ricepaper ) all together and applied them to the crease. Then with a smaller fluffy brush I picked up the 6th colour in the palette ( Cork ) and applied that to my inner and outer corners of the eye. As you can probably guess, yep this is a spotlight eye. Then to darken that up a bit more I took the 8th colour ( Aromatic ) and applied that on top.

Then I went in with Urban Decay Heavy Metal liquid liner in 'Glam Rock' and applied that to the centre of the eye, which should be fairly bare. The purpose of this was not for the glitter but it was just something for the next shadow to stick to.



Then with a small flat brush, I pat on the 5th colour in the palette ( Creative Copper ) for that lovely golden pop. The liquid liner under really helped it to stick.

Just to blend out and make it seamless go back in with the blending brush with 'Cork' .

Do the same to the under eye - if you want.

Mascara: Lancome Doll Eyes Hypnosis -  I believe it's called that anyways...

Bronzer: Solar Powder by Soap n Glory
Highlight: MaryLou by theBalm
Contour: ABH Contour Kit in Light

Lip Liner: Liar by Urban Decay
Lipstick: Honeylove by MAC


That's the face!





Desi YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DesireePerkinsMakeup
Instagram: https://instagram.com/desimakeup
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DesiPerkins
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+DesiPerkins 

And that's it! Make sure to check her out on all platforms.

TYSM for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment