Wednesday 5 August 2015

My Makeup Collection: Contour kits

Hi everyone!
Been a little bit since I have blogged, I don't have any excuse for it but I would love to get back into it, so here we go,

Today I'll be sharing my contour kits with you. Contouring is still so popular and everyone loves a good defined cheek bone. I only have two kits which might shock some people but I find I have two too many! They all do the same job. I have a very affordable one by Blank Canvas and a high end one by Anastasia Beverly Hills.

I got my ABH from beautybay.com and it is now selling for €44 > ABH Contour kit
& I got my Blank Canvas from cloud10beauty.com and it's selling for €11 > Blank Canvas kit

So each palette comes with 6 shades to help with contour and highlight. Both have beautiful banana shades for the under eye area.

First I want to talk about my Blank Canvas contour kit.

I got this palette back in April for my birthday and I have been loving it since. It's actually a massive palette with a lot of product inside. My favourite shade is defo the yellow shade as you can see, I've hit pan! It's just perfect for setting your highlighted areas and especially under the eyes.

My least favourite shade is the blush shade but not for any reason, I just never wear blush!

Here is my well loved BC Contour kit ( lid broke off when flying to Switzerland lol, that's how much I love this )



From top row, left to right:
  • I use the 'white' shade when I'm pale for my under eyes and highlighted areas.
  • I use the ' yellow' shade when I'm a bit more tanned for under the eyes and highlighted areas.
  • I use the second darkest shade to contour when I'm  pale or else to contour my nose when tanned.
  • I use the shade under the 'white' shade to set my face.
  • I never use the blush shade.
  • And use the darkest to contour my cheek bones and around my forehead.


A few swatches:



So overall, I absolutely love this palette. I would recommend everyone to have this palette at home! Even if you don't know how to contour you can always use it as a matte bronzer. For the price and quality you can't go wrong. I feel this will last you ages ( bare in mind I use mine all the time on myself and clients ) perfect for a professional or just yourself at home. 10/10 for this palette. I cannot fault this one!



Next onto my Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette. Raved about by everyone all over the internet!

I got this at the end of June and I think it is amazing also. I love love love the yellow shade in this palette and least like the shade on the top left,  I just don't know what to use it for haha!



As you can see another 6 beautiful shades. This palette has a magnetic closing which is great! and the shades can be replace with little refills that pop in and out. Brilliant if you have a favourite shade and it runs out, saves you buying a whole new palette. I love the middle brown shade on the bottom row, believe it's called fawn, it has the perfect undertone for creating a shadow effect rather that a bronze effect.

I don't use this much as you can see, I haven't made a dent in this yet but...


  • I don't use the top left shade because I don't know what it's for!
  • I use the yellow/banana shade for under the eyes! this is intensely yellow so be careful.
  • I use the top right shade for a very very subtle highlight.
  • I use the bottom left shade as a matte bronzer.
  • I use the middle brown shade to contour my cheeks and nose.
  • I use the right brown shade as a bronze too, mix with the left brown shade and pop it around the temples and on the cheeks a bit, I find these to be more on the orange side so I don't use it for contour.

A few swatches:



Overall I do love this palette but not nearly as much as my cheaper BC one! The palette is extremely pigmented and also on the orange toned side, so if you want a harsh contour then this is perfect but that's not for most of us.

Little comparison ( my own opinion of the two )

I honestly don't see what the more expensive ABH palette can do that the BC palette can't. Really and truly, I do love them both but I wouldn't waste my money if I were you on the ABH palette. If you want to invest in a great contour palette, pick up the Blank Canvas ( link is above ) for only €11 and have amazingly sculpted cheeks. I only bought the ABH palette as a treat for myself, I do still use this on clients too but not nearly as much as my busted up Blank Canvas.

You'd swear I was getting paid to sell Black Canvas to ye but I'm not! Just my honest opinion. Like the luxury of the ABH palette is great and all but the cheaper alternative works just as good, if not, better.

And I mean, just look at the size difference.




I hope you enjoyed reading this and found it some bit helpful in deciding what contour palette to buy.

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment