Saturday 22 August 2015

Urban Decay Blogger Event!

Hi everyone!

So last night myself and friend Nadia got to attend a brilliant blogger event in Waterford. The Urban Decay counter in Debenhams Waterford held this event exclusively for bloggers and MUAs.



The event was just unreal like and safe to say I'm broke after it! Laura Dempsey who is a makeup artist for Urban Decay organised and planned all of this event and it couldn't have went any better. Well done Laura! Laura is an amazingly talented young woman from Waterford like she can do no wrong, she is goals. I will leave all of her social media links at the end of this post so make sure to follow her on everything! She also makes deadly YouTube videos so if you ever want to re create her looks just check that out also. Everything will be listed below :)

So now on to the event..



We were greeted by many other bloggers/muas and handed a glass of champagne immediately haha it was fab! So Laura got right into it which I love like I just wanted to see these new-ish products and buy them all. We got a brief background of Urban Decay as a company and I really enjoyed that because I'm interested in the history of makeup brands and it was so cool to see the first ever eye-shadow Urban Decay ever brought out ( Lounge ) and also to know they actually started out with nail polish!

So first up she showed us the amazing Smoky palette which is currently out of stock ( as you can imagine ) but will be back in shortly. You can pop in store or online >  Smoky Palette
At first I honestly didn't like this palette because I do love a good matte but when I learned that the palette actually goes from shimmer to matte along the way - then I wanted it. And also after seeing it in person it just made up my mind for me! Defo be purchasing one whenever I can. The palette is €46.

Next we got to see the new shade of Matte Lipsticks. Like I can't even put into words how amazing they are. Laura swatched them all for us and as she swatched each one I was like OMG at every shade. Needless to say I had to pick up at least 2. My fav is the shade 1993 ( second swatch ) but was out of stock but it will be in stock Tuesday. 1993 is the perfect browny nude. These matte lipsticks are in store now in Debenhams but not online yet so I can't link you to them but they're called the Matte Revolution Lipsticks.



I picked up the shade Bittersweet ( 4th swatch ) which is just unlike any other colour I have ever seen before. It's like a mauvey pinky purple. It's just so hard to describe but so pretty I cannot wait to wear it!
& I also picked up the shade Blackmail which is the last swatch on Laura's arm! It looks like a black lipstick but it's just a really really dark kinda purple, again I can't wait to wear it.





leave it to me to ruin the box and lipstick all in one


As you can see from the photos the lipsticks actually look some bit glossy in the tube but go on matte and Laura told us that there is still a lot of oils in the lipsticks so they're not too drying on the lips like most matte lippies! You will not get that horrid crusty line along your lips. These lipsticks cost €19 each.

Next up we got to see some of Laura's fav shadows that I can safely say are my fav too and I will eventually have them all...

So we saw a lot of shadows and all were beautiful however I have two favs myself and then I picked up an existing shadow which wasn't new to us but Laura had used it on a client for a make over one day and I just had to have it. My 2 favorites were Lounge and Fireball. Lounge is like a greeny brown duo-toned shadow - if that's the correct terminology - basically it looks green in some lighting and brown in others. It's hands down the coolest shadow I have ever seen.  Fireball is like a perfect peachy orange toned just pretty shadow and will go with any eye colour, it's just beautiful and you can see for yourself how pretty they are. These shadows are about €19 each I think!




So then I just had to get my hands on the shadow Cosmic. It's a moon-dust shadow and just gorgeous like such a fab highlight. As I said Laura used this and I'd recommend it to anyone for a highlighter.






Then we got to see new brow products and if you know me you know I love brows and of course got the new brow pencil which is called the Brow Beater. If you're familiar with ABH then you know of brow wiz and this is pretty much the same only better. It is cheaper for one and the colours are much much better, Being blonde/grey I find it hard to get a nice shade for my brows but I got the shade Taupe in the Brow Beater and it's just perfect. I actually have the shade Taupe in ABH but it's still too brown/dark for me but this Urban Decay one is on point. Costs about €19.





So as you can see its double ended with product on one end and a little spoolie on the other!

The other brow product was a brow mascara with fibres in it to add a bit of thickness and volume to the brows. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it's amazing. Unlike many brow mascaras it's actually matte so there is no gel like or glossy texture left over. I believe it was also about €19. Defo in store just not online yet. The shade Taupe again is perfect for blondes or light haired people. I also need to get this too!

So that is all over the newer products being launched by Urban Decay in Debenhams. All in store just give it some time and I'm sure they'll be up online,

Because Urban Decay are so fab we got a little goodie bag as a treat which included a Gucci perfume, Primer potion samples and a massive sample of a Velvet Glide on eye liner in the shade Black Velvet >  Glide on liner I can't wait to try all these out. Thank you so much Laura and everyone in Urban Decay :)


Then I just bought myself two more treats. I am awful for spoiling myself! I got a lip liner in the shade Liar and the All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. I just got Liar because Laura was wearing it and I thought it was pretty and I got the setting spray because I had it before and I've tried so many but this is my all time favorite.



Lip liner - Liar
Setting spray - All Nighter

And I think that is it! Sorry it's such a long post but I learned a lot about the brand and new products. I was so excited to share everything with you all and I hope you pick up something as the brand is just flawless, I love Urban Decay. Massive thank you to Laura & Co for setting this up, it was a lovely event. So happy to have met so many other amazing bloggers/muas, the community is only growing :)

Hope you all enjoyed this post and I'm going to leave you with a few more snaps from the night :) Thank you all so much for reading! Xx






Laura Dempsey's links! :

Facebook : Laura Dempsey Makeup
Instagram : laudempseymua
Twitter : https://twitter.com/DempseyLaura
Blog : http://lauradempseymua.weebly.com/
YouTube : Laura Dempsey Makeup

Please go check her out on all accounts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment