Wednesday 13 July 2016

Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer - Review

Hey everyone!

Today I want to share a little gem with you. Now I know in Dungarvan, we simply can't get Gosh makeup anymore. However there is still a stand in Sam McCauleys Waterford as far as I know! So if you're in Waterford City then definitely check out the stand!

I have had a good few staple products from Gosh such as the eyebrow kit which I would highly recommend for blondes because being a blonde it is hard to find a good brow kit with no red under tones so the blonde powder and clear wax in the kit is perfect. I have also had lippys and nail polish from the brand too which I did enjoy!

But today I want to talk about the foundation primer. When we had a Gosh stand in Dungarvan, I did re purchase this item at least 3 times because it is amazing and also my mother kept stealing mine because she loved it that much too!

So this is the primer I'm talking about. It is the apricot version, there's also a clear version. I actually rather the apricot for some reason even though they're the same!


Now I know it's an anti-wrinkle primer but there is never any harm in starting young with these. And I won't say my mother has wrinkles because she doesn't but she has a few fine lines and she found this primer to fill them in a smooth them over.

You may know that I don't typically wear primers. I don't feel like you need them for everyday use. However, I do use primers when I have a long day ahead of me and need the makeup to last or when my skin is just not being good and needs to be filled in and smoothed over.

This primer is like a gel/silicone texture which I actually like because you can then feel it on the skin and see how it smooths over and it just gives a really nice base to apply foundation on to. My mother actually doesn't ever wear makeup so she would have just applied this to fill in the fine lines and she would look great!

As I said I'm not a huge primer fan but I honestly do like this one and would recommend it. If I could get my hands on it again, I would purchase. And I know I would be in Waterford City often enough but lads that's purely for Penneys haha! I just don't think of popping into Sam McCauleys Waterford but I must make it my mission to do so next time!

I really do rate this primer & I think Gosh are well known for their primers and this one was always sold out in town as well so I would imagine it to be a best seller! So if I have any Waterford City readers, I would highly suggest trying this out especially if you have some fine lines to deal with.

I'm pretty sure this costs around €19 and it could be even less. A bit on the expensive side for a chemist product but this will smooth out your skin and provide a lovely base for your foundation. Maybe this is TMI but when I have a break out and have like bumpy skin, this type of silicone/gel primer really helps smooth that out and helps my makeup to stick to that area because sometimes you get those spots that makeup will not stick to or cover but if you apply this, then some cream concealer, set with powder and then go in with foundation, you're golden.

So overall, I really do like this primer and find it to actually work. Some primers I feel are just a gimmick but I have used this and re-purchased so I like this one.

I hope you found this helpful & let me know if you have tried it yourself?!

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment