Monday 14 September 2015

What Colours To Go For!

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well!

Today I want to talk about what colours you should be going for with regards to your makeup. Now,
I’m no expert, but you can learn a lot from watching Beauty Gurus on YouTube. This is just a bit of
advice for those that aren't sure about which eyeshadow shade or lip colour to wear!

I'm going to keep this as basic as I possibly can. I do have a few views myself that you may not agree with, but that's just a difference of opinions. I hope you enjoy this post and that you learn something from it!

I’ve been watching YouTube videos for years now, and the main thing that everyone mentions when choosing what colours to go for, is the colour wheel:



I just got this from google images but the concept of it all is super easy:

Basically, whatever colour your eyes are, go to that colour and look across. Those are the colours
that will make your eyes pop the most. So as you can see browns, oranges and golden colours are
across from blue; this means that if you have blue eyes, you should be wearing browns, oranges and
golden colours for eye shadow. I also find vibrant pinks and cranberry shades make blue eyes pop too!You may have brown eyes and as you can see blue is across from that, but no one really wants to
wear blue eyeshadow; so in my opinion I would go for navys and purples - just darker shades of blue.

Purple shadow looks amazing on green and brown eyes. My friend has brown eyes and she did the standard neutral brown eye, but used the slightest bit of purple through the crease, it wasn't a
vibrant purple or anything crazy, just subtle enough to make her eyes pop!

This post has been requested but also with the inclusion of hair colour. To be honest I don't think
your hair colour matters for what eyeshadows you wear, but in my opinion I think lip colour can be linked to hair colour.

For example, mossy brown hair; I think a neutral brown eyeshadow look with a bold red lip would be
fab! Personally, being blonde, I don't like pink lipstick on myself. I feel like a Barbie doll sometimes, but honestly I haven't found the perfect shade of pink to suit me.

OPINIONS & TIPS

  • Anyone can rock a smokey eye - green & brown eyes should maybe opt for a purple-ish smokey eye,blue eyes can go grey/black or else cranberry shades.
  • Anyone can wear a nude lip; although you should find the nude shade that suits you personally as your skin tone will depend on what type of nude suits you best.
  • Anyone can wear a red lip roo - I'd recommend Russian Red by +MAC Cosmetics as it suits everyone.
  • Anyone can pull off winged liner - fact.
  • Opinion - Darker hair; maybe go for a subtle eye but pop of colour on the lips - purple lipstick is a favourite of mine on anyone with darker hair, red lipstick is also fab! To be honest, anyone with brown hair or darker can rock any lipstick.
  • Opinion - Light hair; try a dark eye and light lip. I love a black smokey eye on blondes with a really nude lip, but that’s just a personal preference. If you're blonde, just please find the right shade of pink for you. I love Nicki Minaj and Barbie but I don't really want to look like them that much myself!
  • Opinion - Girls with red hair; you can pull off anything - honestly. My friend can pull off any lip colour, including red. She can also pull off any eyeshadow colour, but we don't know the actual colour of her eyes, they're a mix of all eye colours but she rocks anything anyway!
I think I have the basics of it all there. I'm going to leave some links below to YouTube videos that
help explain this in more detail. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful, but please remember that there are no rules to makeup! Just play around and have fun with it, it’s all up to how
you prefer your makeup to be. These tips and opinions are just here to help you enhance your
features as best as you can, but that's not to say that someone with green eyes can't wear blue shadow! Wear whatever you want girls and rock it is what I say!

Five min video for blue eyes by +Rachel Leary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultdUuU9mL0 - this includes the browns and golds as mentioned above.

Five min video for green eyes by +Pin Up Beauty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73boMTHo1jg - this includes dark purples and plum colours.

Ten min video for brown eyes by +Teni Panosian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhbNXR1HBKY - this is a really soft, neutral smokey eye with a hint of a dark purpley/red brown.

Hope you found this some way helpful.

Thanks for reading! Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment