Sunday 6 September 2015

Jodi's Guide To Brows

Hi everyone!

If you know me you know I love brows, they're my favorite part of makeup. So today I just wanted to share with you the products I use to do my brows and later on I will probably do a step by step tutorial but first here is what I use and what you'll need to get great looking brows.

I just want to say that I am in no way shape or form a pro or anything like that I just love brows and thought it would be nice to share with you all. Also if you feel like your natural shape isn't great don't fear because concealer is your bestie and you can really make your brows any shape you want.

What you'll need:

A good flat brush, I got mine from E.L.F.co.uk but they are not up and running yet so I found this brush by Blank Canvas on cloud10beauty which is exactly the same as  my ELF brush so just any brush you can find that is this shape > BC E44 Flat Brush this brush is to help carve out the brows/ shape them with concealer. +Cloud 10 Beauty



Next you'll need your brow product, it can be anything like a pencil or gel. Whatever you prefer. I myself rather a gel just because I find it easier to work with. You can also use a powder to go over any gels or pencils or just use powder alone for a really natural look. Brow products I would recommend would be:

GEL

PENCIL
Sleek & NYX can be gotten in town and here's what they look like just to have a picture for reference. Very affordable and you'll still have great brows.

Sleek Brow Kit
NYX Brow Gel
NYX Brow Pencil
And you will need a good brush to help apply the gel or powder brow product. What I use myself is the Sigma Small Angled Brush but that is €15 alone which is crazy money for a little brush. 



What I would recommend though for a cheaper alternative is this brush I got in Murrays Pharmacy or can also be got in Haven ( Connollys ) for €5. 


And lastly you will need a cream concealer to carve out/shape the brows with. You will use the flat brush mentioned above to do this :) I would only ever recommend the Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer haha that's a mouth full! It comes in three shades I just always use the shade 'Ivory' but whatever shade works for you. This concealer is €3.50 and can be got in Sam McCauleys or Penneys. I wouldn't use anything else to carve out the brows with now and it's cheap as chips, you simply can't go wrong.


So yeah you need two types of brushes and two products to get amazing brows! To set the hairs and product in place just take a regular clear mascara or else many other brands offer amazing brow mascara's but I tend to just use clear mascara myself and that does the job just as good!

4 brill little products to get brill brows. Hope this has helped someone!

Thanks for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment