Monday 7 September 2015

How To: Brows

Hey everyone!

Yesterday I posted about the things I use to achieve my brows, well now today I'm going to give you a quick step by step tutorial.

All products used are listed on yesterday's blog post so this will be very simple!

I always do the brows first so excuse the bare face but I just prefer this way to avoid any foundation, concealer or powder getting in/on them. Over protective of my brows much? So yeah start with a bare face. Here are my brows in all their natural glory.




So as you can see they aren't great but I can work with them. I just get my brow brush or spoolie and brush the hairs into place or the shape that I want.

Then taking my inglot brow gel on my small angled brush I begin to fill in the base of the brow and also fill in the kinda centre of the brow. 


Then I pick up more product and fill in my arch, make it as high or as small as you like because concealer will clean it all up later. I also fill in the tail/end of my brow too. This doesn't have to be perfect at all! 


Then with whatever is left over on the brush, I sweep it into the front of the brows which I have left bare until now. You can flip the brush and just literally runb it all in but this creates that nice fade effect that we all love.




Now this may be fine for some but I'm a perfectionist and I have to clean up. So I take my flat brush with some cream concealer and carve out/shape my brows and to make everything nice and sharp.


As you can imagine then I do the same on the top of the brow too. I know it might be much but this is what I do. 


And last is to clean up the front and get that good square shape. You don't have to do this if you don't want such a harsh squareness to the brows but this is what I like personally.


Haha now it looks like a mask of some sort but that's it :) You can use a clear brow gel to set in place but you don't usually need that when using gel products. But you do whatever you want! Next step would be my eye makeup and then foundation but that's for another blog post. The concealer mask will be hidden and blended in with your foundation and concealer so don't worry about that. 

This method may be new to some people so I'd say give it a go! This method is one of many and just what works for me. It has honestly taken me years to get it right but that's what it's all about.

I hope some of you have picked up a few tips and tricks.


Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment