Monday 28 September 2015

My Face from Start to Finish!

Hi everyone!

I thought it would be a good idea to run you through my face from start to finish, what areas I do first and so on. I also do the same face routine on clients. There isn't much to it, I just thought it would be a handy way of showing you what I do and why.

<!-- WGCCxxx -->

Step 1 - Eyebrows.
I do my eye brows first for a number of reasons. Firstly, they take me the longest time to do! I love brows so I want them as perfect as can be, if you have seen my brow blog post ( http://jodirochemakeup.blogspot.ie/2015/09/how-to-brows.html ) then you'll know all about it. Secondly, I used to do foundation first then my brows but I found that placing brow products on top of a liquid foundation only cause them to become slippery and move around a lot and even get oily! So it's nice to have a bare, dry base for the brows to sit onto rather than an oily mess underneath. I would highly recommend doing your brows first, just check out my blog post on how to do brows, linked above.



Step 2 - Eyes.
I then do my eye shadow and liner and all that simply because of fallout. I don't get fallout often, that usually only happens with darker colours, but when I do it's nice to just be able to wipe it away rather than have it cling to my foundation. Again I used to apply foundation first but that didn't suit my brows and it didn't suit me when I got fallout. I find this also helps if/when you need to clean up the edges or winged liner. Another makeup method I would recommend you try out. http://jodirochemakeup.blogspot.ie/2015/07/how-to-smokey-eye-tutorial.html



Step 3 - Foundation.
Once my brows and eye makeup are done, then apply foundation with my +Sigma Beauty  F80.

Step 4 - Concealer.
Then I apply my concealer with my fingers. I use +MAC Cosmetics NC20 and put this under my eyes,down my nose, on my forehead and chin. Then go back in with my F80 brush and blend it all in.

Step 5 - Cream Highlight and Contour.
I don't do this everyday or on every client. Only when a strong contour is wanted. Here is my blog post on contouring if you need to know what areas to contour & highlight. I use the +W7 Cosmetics  Faceshaper for contour and High Beam by +Benefit Cosmetics for highlight. http://jodirochemakeup.blogspot.ie/2015/05/contouring.html

Step 6 - Powder.
I usually use Johnsons baby powder to get my entire face.

Step 7 - Powder Contour and Highlight. & some Blush.
Once everything is set in place, I go in with powder products to contour and highlight even more. I usually use the Blank Canvas contour kit or else the +Anastasia Beverly Hills  contour kit. To highlight I usually use MaryLou Manizer by +theBalm Cosmeticshttp://jodirochemakeup.blogspot.ie/2015/07/strobing-new-contouring.html

Step 8 - Eyes, again.
Okay so in Step 2 I did my eyemakeup but not my mascara or lashes. I'd wear lashes on a normal day all the time if I could but sometimes you just can't. So now is the part where I do my mascara. I love the Lancome Hypnosis Doll Eyes mascara. To avoid mascara from transferring onto your lid or under the eye, lock in your normal mascara with a water proof formula, I get the water proof mascara by NYC, it's a blue tube and costs only €3.



Step 9 -  Lips.
Time to draw on those lips! My all time fav lip is a good nude lip. I love using +Urban Decay Cosmetics  lip liner in 'Liar' with +MAC Cosmetics lipstick in 'Honeylove'.



Step 10 - Set.
Once all that is done, I usually set my face with a setting spray and I love the one by +Urban Decay Cosmetics All Nighter Spray.

Well, that's my face routine from start to finish. Sometimes I use a face primer but I don't find it necessary. I hope you found this helpful and maybe will try out my way of applying makeup.

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment