Monday 11 January 2016

Makeup Storage

Hey everyone!

Hope you're all well :)

Today I want to talk about makeup storage and what I have and what I would recommend! Even if you have the basics I think you'll find a storage system that would work for you here whether you have 5 products or 500 makeup products.

So onto my own storage, I store everything in my bedroom because that's where I work from!


So first off I have these storage drawers, which I got for Christmas! They're still bare enough but I will stock it up. I love these drawers, I would have picked these out myself if I was ever storage shopping so well done Santa. I have no idea where these are from but I found the same ones on eBay for roughly €50. I think they are a great investment if you have a lot of makeup. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Portable-Storage-Drawer-Trolley-Kitchen-Bedroom-Kids-Toys-Clothes-Wheels-/400985101551?var=&hash=item5d5c9314ef:m:m4PsBMoUxH-k243jwqeQB8Q


Next up I have this handy lipstick stand which holds 24 lipsticks. These are definitely available in stores but I got mine on eBay for like €3. The only downside with eBay is that, most of these cheaper storage items are coming from the likes of Hong Kong and that could take up to a month to deliver so just be aware of that. I actually need to order more because I have too many lipsticks at this stage! I have a palette and lipstick problem haha! http://www.ebay.ie/itm/24-Trapezoid-Clear-Makeup-Display-Lipstick-Stand-Case-Cosmetic-Organizer-Holder-/251585053391?hash=item3a93a342cf:g:tfIAAOSwBahVVewt 


Now I have this wooden box. This box was made by my brother for me for my birthday! It's actually massive and so heavy so we have it on a high table for me haha! It does fit into my shelves in my wardrobe but it's just too heavy to carry. Excuse the mess of it, it's always like that though to be honest, I can never keep it tidy. So I don't have any links for this but if you know a carpenter then I'd suggest getting them to make you one! Or give Kenny a call haha.


Again, excuse the mess. If you have a lot of makeup and work with it, you will know it's hard to keep tidy for long. So here I have a few brush holders and jars to hold my brushes. The pink and black brush holders you see are from +Sigma Beauty and you get these travel holders when you buy a brush travel kit and I obviously have two of those kits. But I don't travel really so I use them to hold my brushes. The cute jars are from Eurogiant in town and they were €1 each. So I got a few of them and yeah I just pop my brushes in there so I'd recommend popping into any sort of pound shop like Dealz or Eurogiant and you'll find cute jars in there for really cheap!


As you can see, most of my brushes are actually here and not in the jars because my radiator is under them and that is where they dry and now I guess its another place to store my brushes. It's just handy to have them all lined up there as I'm working. You'll see what I mean when you see my set up.


So here is just a shot of the drawers and lipstick stand and that is where I keep them. I'm limited with space but I ain't getting rid of my double bed anytime soon so this is what I work with haha!


So here is my actual set up. Like this is what I work with and this is what all my clients see. So I have my brushes there on the shelf, I have the makeup box on the table at a perfect height and level and then we have the chair for the client to sit in but as you can see I have even more 'boxes' on that so let's talk about that.


So these fold down boxes are from Penneys but years ago but I'm sure they have something similar in stock still. The smaller purple box you see on top is where I store my dirty/used brushes that need a wash. As my day goes on when I'm working, I'll pop the used brushes into that and at the end of the day then I just take that box to the sink and wash from there. The larger grey box underneath hold my blanket ( I lay down this blanket on the bed to protect my bed sheets from any makeup getting on it ) , my sponges, my makeup remover and some more brushes that have been used but are okay to use again or just some dried clean brushes. I suppose it's like a go to box.

So that's my storage system at the moment, not great or perfect but it works for me and my clients. Some day I would love a makeup room but for now I have a makeup/bed room haha!

I've been looking online for various types of storage that might benefit some readers so I'm going to leave links and descriptions below to these handy finds on eBay :)

I always thought cutlery storage would be great for makeup too so here's a link to some dividers that you could pop into drawers. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cabinet-Drawer-Cutlery-Organizer-Storage-Box-Kitchen-Utensil-Flatware-Container-/281878966277?var=&hash=item41a14bb005:m:mHFCgQE3CC8Bif4Gv8_DKbA

This is a really cute wooden box I came across on my search and I think it's just fab. I have one similar that I don't use because I don't have anything to put in it as of yet but check this out, it's so cute. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/White-Wood-Cosmetic-Makeup-Storage-Drawer-Organizer-Desktop-Case-Finishing-Box-/171997235450?var=&hash=item280bd588fa:m:mjikr1LIHf09-IxCK-OUFfA

Have you ever seen those rotating makeup storage stands? I always see them online and think they must cost a fortune and they do on some sites but I found this little gem on eBay and it's not too dear. I think if you know someone that loves makeup then it's a great gift or seriously go treat yourself! This is a 360 degree rotating makeup stand! http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Rotating-Make-up-Organizer-Cosmetic-Display-Brush-Lipstick-Storage-Stand-SE-/361453965551?var=&hash=item542855d0ef:m:mqt_qHOeO_95voln8io70kw

We all love Dealz and obviously everything is €1.49. Now Dealz have these exact things in store still, I think, so go to Dealz for these before you order on eBay but I just wanted to show you another lipstick/brush holder! http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Clear-Acrylic-Cosmetics-Organizer-Lipstick-Brush-Storage-Holder-Stand-Case-/252232418382?hash=item3aba39444e:g:HU8AAOSw5dNWhJWD

And finally you may have also seen these cases in Eurogiant or in other stores. I know these are available in Waterford City as my fellow blogger Melissa shared it on her page and so did Lyanne from Beauty and the Brunette so here are the two girls links so that you can find them in Waterford: Beauty and the Brunette - https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautyandtheBrunette/?pnref=story

Okay guys! I think that's everything! If you have any cool storage yourself let me know or if you have any questions just ask :) I hope you enjoyed this post and gained some storage inspiration!

Thanks for reading!Xx


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing an interesting and very useful article.
    And let me share an article about health here I believe this is useful. Thank you :)
    Custom Packaging Boxes USA
    Custom Boxes
    Slider Boxes
    Mailer Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are the one in search for the clear acrylic makeup organizer then you have made the most effectual decision. The acrylic cosmetic organizer is basically defined as containers manufactured out of acrylic (synthetic fiber) in order to store or rather contain the different makeup equipment.

    ReplyDelete