Tuesday 30 June 2015

Supporting Irish. Interview with NakedWithoutMyLippy - Holly Lenny

Hi girls! Today I have something a little bit different to share with you all. I took the plunge and emailed a well known Irish YouTuber and to my luck, she replied! I'm so happy to share with you all that I was able to interview Holly Lenny also known as NakedWithoutMyLippy on Youtube and Instagram. I came across Holly a good few months ago now and I just love her beauty videos and I think it's great to see a successful Irish woman out there! 

Holly Lenny is a successful 23 year old from Dublin. As a journalist and beauty addict Holly has taken the Internet and social media by storm, with over 21,000 subscribers Holly is virtually famous. Holly creates brilliant beauty videos on YouTube for us all to watch. I've been watching Holly for months now and as I said it is great to have an Irish YouTuber to relate to and to see Holly doing so well for herself! Holly is a big believer, like myself, in supporting Irish, whether it be our food or our people! I think we should all support each other in everything we do. The Irish can break the Internet, nevermind Kim K!

It was an absolute pleasure interviewing this lovely lady and once again thank you so much to Holly for putting in her time and effort. I hope you all enjoy this blog post as much as I did.





1. As your name is NakedWithoutMyLippy, what is your all time fav lippy?
This is so hard because as you can imagine I have so many lippies in my collection. I'd probably have to say, 'Rebel' from MAC simply because it was my first MAC lippy and in my opinion I feel it can be worn during any time of the year, day or night. 

2. How did you become interested in makeup? Was there a moment when it just happened or were you always obsessed?

I always LOVED makeup because my mum loved it and allowed me experiment with it from a young age, whether it was some red lippy and blue eyeshadow. She never told me I was too young for it like so many mums do, which I often think attaches negative messages to makeup. Yes, makeup can make someone appear older but I don't think messing around with it at a young age can cause any permanent damage. I doubt a six year old will create a fabulous smokey eye and winged liner to wear on the daily, but if they do then i'm jealous haha 

I really got into makeup when I moved to Milan at the age of 19. I was exposed to so many different brands, I met so many people in the fashion industry, it all really blossomed from there. I just loved how some lippy could make me feel so powerful and totally transform my mood. It was around this time the trends for clothes were getting shorter and skimpier and it just wasn't for me. I'm 6"3 in height, as you can imagine it's hard to find a dress without it looking like a t-shirt. I guess makeup always 'fitted'. 

3. Would you ever consider doing freelance makeup?

To be honest it has never crossed my mind. I guess doing my own makeup is so different to doing someone else's just because I know my own face so well, what suits it and what doesn't. I wouldn't have the confidence to do freelance makeup but I love to mess around with makeup if a friend asks me. 

4. What is your fav high end brand or even just product?

I love YSL because it's so luxurious and the packaging is art. However, lately I can't stop gawking at the Hourglass products. I'm determined to get my hands on a few of their products before 2015 is out. 

5. What is your fav drugstore brand/ product?

It has to be L'OrĂ©al Paris. I feel they have an overall good selection of products that are of a high quality. I adore the Volume Million Lashes So Couture mascara because it's the only mascara my stubborn lashes seem to like. I also LOVE the Infallible 24 Hour Foundation. 

6. Any current makeup trends you hate or are just sick of?

I've recently heard of this 'strobing' makeup trend and to be honest i'm a little on the fence. No contour is used just a bucket of highlighter. I don't think this trend will take off like others just because so many girls deal with oily skin. I'm sick of sharpie brows if i'm honest.

7. Thoughts on contouring?

I LOVE contouring, it's absolutely incredible how it can transform your face. I think Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner are living proof of this, also who's to say no nips or tucks were involved. I personally can't do my makeup on the daily without contour.


8. How did it feel when you reached over 21,000 subscribers and how does it feel now, knowing that there are so many people out there that know you?

It was CRAZY! I honestly never in a million years expected it. My channel had a little viral moment after my Kylie Jenner lips video and my email was flooded with people subscribing. I'm so delighted that people are enjoying my content. I feel my videos are honest and i'm just one of those girls in the makeup aisle of Boots having the chats with other girls about makeup. I actually can't even picture 21,000 people, I don't know how the people with 1 million+ do! 

9. Finally, what is your view on makeup in general?

I love makeup. Makeup is a huge passion of mine and my dad rolls his eyes whenever I say it. Yeah, it can be somewhat expensive and i'm sure I do and have bought products I didn't need, but the thrills I get trying out a new product on myself or introducing it to some else is just wonderful. I always loved art and being creative so I guess makeup is another extension of art. 

I do think it's important not to rely on makeup as a security blanket but then again it's incredible that people with acne can totally have their confidence boosted with some foundation and concealer. I hate when people give out to others for wearing too much makeup because I don't see how it directly affects their life. 


HOLLY LENNY - NAKED.WITHOUT.MY.LIPPY 

YouTube Holly's YouTube Channel!
Instagram Holly's Instagram!
Blog Holly's Blog!
Twitter Holly's Twitter!

Thank you for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment