Monday 8 June 2015

My Makeup Journey

Hi everyone! Today I just wanted to share what I'm calling ' my makeup journey ' basically how I got where I am today. I was a tom boy growing up so never once was into being a girlie girl but sure now look at me ha ha, I think when I was 10 I used to beg my poor mother to let me do her makeup, so I guess that's when it all started.

I remember in first year of secondary school seeing all the older girls wearing makeup and some had a lot on but I loved it. Unfortunately my nanny would let me use her stuff, sure I came in one day with just foundation on but I mean caked on orange Elizabeth Arden..my mother kilt me when she collected me. From then on I only wore it around the house as I began to practice.

I think I was about 14 when I actually got okay at it and started wearing it to school, I had blonde hair so I couldn't be going around with my paleness, my foundation of choice was of course the famous pan stick by Max Factor! It's actually a really good concealer just way too dark for most of us Irish :)

*insert embarrassing photo from 2010


Oh my god, what am I even wearing never mind my makeup hahah! I probably used pan stick here thought to be fair I loved being dark & I still do, that blush though..
I feel like this blog post will just be looking back on old photos and laughing at them and the state but to be fair now it was considered good back in the day!
I honest to god thought I was deadly..

Throughout the years there wasn't much improvement so without further a do lets look at that:

Where are my brows?


At least I tried to smoke out the lower lash line.. still no brows..


I will tell you right now Waterford were playing a Munster Final in hurling or something and that is the reason behind the blue shadow, I've no excuse for the rest of my face.. attempted brows


Clearly didn't like filling in my brows in 2011 but look at that orange bronze/contour haha


This was clearly stage makeup for a show but the gap between my brows. Talk about over plucking.



This is 100% when I thought I was getting good at my makeup skills, bit of lipstick it was like I never heard of it before this moment in 2012..progress, I think anyway!


Fancy dress party, tried to contour my nose because the pink ladies in grease had tiny noses hahah


Can we just talk about that double winged liner? I did Clare's makeup this night too but said I'd save her the embarrassment of it all, 2013 was an adventurous year to say the very least.


Swear Cara Delevingne came into style right about now, I still love a big, bold, thick dark brow despite my fair hair


Yeah I think I wanna say 2013 was the year I kinda started it, I remember doing a trial run for Clare's debs makeup this day! And I actually still like this makeup look even though it was 2 years ago now.


The day I found black brow powder..


And the day I thankfully found grey brow powder!


2014 was the year of editing the crap out of my photos ahaha #nofilter ,, I swear.. what am I like?


This was for a concert so that's acceptable..


Eh, well Kylie Jenner how are ya?


So this is pretty much me now and my ability to do makeup, I'm very happy with how far I've come and I know I can only improve more from here on out!
Thanks for the long read, hope you had a good giggle at my expense, I know I did.
I hope this shows people you can become good at anything you want as long as you keep at it and practice. Blend till your arms fall off. But no seriously practice makes perfect and also keeping trying to do new things too while you're at it!

If you want to follow me on anything I have my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JodiRocheMakeup

and also my Instagram page: https://instagram.com/jodirochemakeup/

Thanks again everyone! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment