Monday 9 May 2016

Skincare Routine

Hey everyone!

It's been a while but I'm back and hope to be blogging way more during the Summer.

Today I want to share with you my new updated skincare routine, not that I had one before but I just wanted to tell you about it all because some of you may be interested.

So basically, I've been talking a lot on snapchat but as we all know that only lasts ten seconds so here is a more in depth talk through of the products I've been using and the routine I've gotten into.

Before all of this, I only used baby wipes to remove my makeup and then a face wash in the shower. However, my skin wasn't even that bad before. I have extremely oily skin in my T zone and then normal on the rest of my face. I would of course get a breakout every now and again but I never had ache or anything that bad. And I'm also a witch for popping pimples but I've been told you're allowed pop them when there's a head on them so yay for us pimple poppers!

Here's just a before and after of about two weeks ago and then here is my skin today, an improvement I think!




I'll go through my routine from day to night and in between!

So first of all, I will do a face mask twice a week, usually on a Wednesday and Sunday but that doesn't matter. I've been using the samples of the Glamglow range and I really do like them, I would highly recommend them but ask the girls in store which one would be best suited to your skin type or do a bit of research before you go buy them because they are expensive. Also always ask if there are testers or samples for you to try out! The girls in Sam McCauleys Dungarvan are just the best.



I'll be investing in the Supermud by Glamglow but we're just waiting on it to come in stock in town but that's my favorite mask and I think it does work. It's a clay mask and you can see/feel it working but defo pop in store and ask about them. The girls were nice enough to give me testers to try out and I just ended up falling in love with it so I'll 100% be investing.

Besides my face mask, I wake up and go for my shower and in the shower I will use the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Cleanser and yeah it's an oil based cleanser that sort of foams up when you massage it onto your skin but it leaves it feeling nice and fresh. This costs about €10 but it will last you forever. You can get this on Superdrug.co.uk or cloud10beauty.com and Superdrug always have offers on like 3 for 2 or half price & cloud10beauty have a 10% off discount code until May 31st so you can save some bob on it! Code: SKIN10



If I feel like I need even more cleaning I will use the Simple face wash but I haven't in a while because I find the Glycolic Fix does a great job on it's own but that's another face wash I like. I also like the Clean & Clear blackhead clearing scrub so they're just two more face washes that I'll use.




After my shower I will cleanse my face with the Garnier Micellar water and then moisturize and do my makeup or not, totally depends on the day, I do not wear makeup every day.



So in the night time then, even if I have worn makeup or not, I will use the Nip + Fab makeup removing pads just to clean my face and/or remove makeup. I need about 4 pads but it's great for removing everything.



Then I'll go in with Micellar water again to make sure my face is fully clean.

Then I will use a night cream so I picked up one in Dealz, but I don't have sensitive skin so anything will work for me but it's grand like! And then I'll use an Argan oil based night repair serum which I also picked up in Dealz and I really like this. I do enjoy having like oil on my face, it just feels so soft and refreshed so I'm enjoying that and sure look tis as cheap! You can't go wrong.




So yeah I think that's pretty much it. A far cry from just a baby wipe and some face wash! I'm getting there.

I found that my skin got worse before it got better but I kind of expected it to take a few weeks to adjust to so I'm not complaining just keep that in mind. I'm fairly sure most products break your skin out first and then get better. Because really, it's just cleaning out your skin, drawing out all the toxic things in your pores and will break you out but keep going with it and it'll be all clear in a few weeks!

That's just me though, I would advise you talk to the girls in a chemist or your doctor for anything like that or else follow bbeauty_jan on snapchat cause she knows her stuff and helped me out! sarahdwan1 is also amazing! So defo give those girls a follow if you need any help with your skin and what you should be using and doing.

A little tip, never apply your moisturizer under your eyes as it's too heavy for that area and can cause milla which are little white bumps, and if you have these, go to your doctor about them, please do not try to pop these yourself, a medical professional is the only one that can get rid of them! So invest in a serum or eye cream to avoid this from happening!

So guys I think that's all.

If you have any questions comment below or message me or snapchat me :) I'd love to help in anyway that I can! I also think Murrays chemist or Hallahan's pharmacy in town stock Nip + Fab so pop in for a look. You can get the Glamglow in Sam McCauley's and the Dealz products are obvs in Dealz!

So yeah I hope that was helpful and it might encourage you to look after your skin rather than just using baby wipes like I used to!



Thanks for reading!Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment