Tuesday 22 March 2016

Our Irish Cancer Society Beauty Charity Event!

Hey everyone!



So today I just want to share with you all about our beauty event! I'm going to kick off this blog post by saying thank you to everyone firstly, so huge thanks to:

John Donovan for letting us use his space
The Irish Cancer Society for sending us on materials
Danielle Sheehan for the music and drawing up our posters
Kenny Healy for being an amazing photographer
Sam McCauley's Chemist Dungarvan
Hallahan's Pharmacy Dungarvan - Hamper
New Images Hair Salon Dungarvan - Hair Care Set
Murray's Pharmacy Dungarvan - Bath Set
Beauty Parlour Salon Dungarvan - Voucher
Indulge Beauty Salon Dungarvan - Voucher
New Look Dungarvan - Voucher
Venture Clothing/ Bella Dungarvan - Voucher
Joe Kelly's Chemist Abbeyside - Perfume
Nails Dungarvan - Voucher
Tara's Hair Salon Abbeyside - Voucher
The Wine Buff Dungarvan - Bottle of Wine
Nicola Cowming - Bottle of Rose
Apache Pizza Dungarvan - 10 Large Pizzas to feed us all!



I hope I have mentioned everyone that has helped along the way and donated amazing spot prizes. If I forgot you I'm so sorry but I do think I have everyone! And also, of course, a huge thank you to anyone that donated online, on the night or bought raffle tickets. We raised €500 for the Irish Cancer Society due to everyone's generosity so thank you all so much! And obvs a huge shoutout to my team mates Nadia and Ellie, who without them the night would have been a disaster so thank you so much as well girls X

Right now that that's out of the way let's move on to the night itself. Myself and the girls had all our bits and bobs bought and ready to set up so we all arrived at 3:30 to set up! We had one hour to get the place ready. We had to figure out the music system and microphone and pull out tables and chairs ( thanks Richie, Gavin and Sean! ) But we got that all done in no time.



Doors were opening for 4:30 and we had a good crowd! I was over the moon to see that my fellow #deisebloggers made it down so thank you so much to Jamie, Shirley, Laura and Aoife, the support is just unreal from all of the girls! But yeah we kinda just let people come in while some music was playing and let them get settled in.



I was also trying to calm my own nerves before I went on stage to talk but if you know me you know I don't stop anyway so like I dunno why I was nervous but anyway. We waited until about 5 o clock to kick off but that's when our 10 large pizzas arrived haha! So after that we got the show on the road!



I spoke for a bit and Nadia began her makeup tutorial on Niamh which was fab to watch! I learned so much. I also just popped around and chatted with everyone too :)




After Nadia it was my turn for my makeup tutorial on Amy and yeah of course it took me more than an hour to do but sure! And oh my god I need to apologise firstly for blowing the heads off ye when I was playing with the music system and it went too loud! And secondly for the music stopping and starting every so often haha.




After myself, Ellie done her makeup tutorial on Shannon and Ellie is super quick at makeup I can't get over the two girls!




So after that we did a table quiz which took two mins to do but like Aoife really wanted to do it so of course we had it! Everyone got 10/10 so we had a little tie breaker and yeah that was fun!



Then we had the big raffle! We had like 16 prizes which is just unreal and it was hilarious because most of my family or close friends won prizes but I swear it wasn't fixed, clearly hahah but that was fun and then we just got Danielle to count up all the money and between online donations and on the night we raised €500 so that was just amazing. My goal in my own head was €500 and I'm just delighted that we all reached the lil goal I had in my head haha!



So yeah I think that's it, I mean we had a schedule so everything went to plan and smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better team, support system or turn out on the night so I'm absolutely delighted with how it all ran and I look forward to possibly holding another charity event in the future because it is fun and it's for a good cause. It's always good to give back what you can.



So from myself, Nadia and Ellie thank you all so so so much for everything we really appreciate it all and I'm sure the Irish Cancer Society will be delighted with all of the funding!



Yer all so fab and thank you once again!

Thanks for reading!Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment