Wednesday 23 March 2016

My New Tattoo!

Hey everyone!

Today is a bit different and maybe controversial but I wanted to just blog about how I got a new tattoo today! If you don't like tattoos/agree with them or believe they should have meanings to them then stop reading now cause I'm about to tell you how my morning went!

So I've been booked in with John at Low Voltage Tattoo, Portlaw for about 2 weeks now and today my appointment was for 10:30. Although I had two weeks to decide what I wanted I was just so busy with work, college, events and friends that it didn't cross my mind until last night.

I went online as you do and looked up old school styled tattoos because that's the style I like. I found a few and shared with friends and that was all well and good. So I was delighted I had found something and thought nothing more of it.

Dad woke me at 8:30 for breakfast and said we'd leave at 9:30. All grand. Got there at about 10 and John text me to say come in so we got an early start. I showed him what I found online and he likes the old school style himself so he thought they were nice and would be handy to do.

As he was getting set up, myself and my father were looking through the books and I actually found what I got in the book. It was something I had seen before but didn't even consider it as a tattoo because my friend has one and also I know it means something but I don't know what exactly it stands for but it was a Hamsa hand. I still don't know what it means but I appreciate the art of it all.



I knew I was getting it on the front of my thigh so I've a bit of meat there to take the pain but to be honest it didn't hurt at all, I sat there happily for the hour. Yep it only took one hour, John is fab!



So yeah John just drew it up and the first placement of it was spot on so we got right into it. I've no complaints at all, John will always ask you every now and again if you're okay and if you need a break or anything but I was grand so we tipped away at it.

I think that's all I have to say about it like I got it done and I'm absolutely in love with it, so are all my friends and family ( not that is matters ) but it's nice when other people like your tattoos I guess! I'd obviously highly recommend Low Voltage Tattoo because it's quick, cheap and friendly. You might be like oh Jodi you just said it's cheap like that sounds bad? Look take it how you like, go have a look at his work, chat to him about prices yourself and then come back to me and be like oh yeah he is cheap considering how talented his work is. Well that's just my opinion. You can find him on Facebook.



Hopefully this didn't offend anyone but I did warn you so! This isn't my first tattoo so I know how to take care of it and if anyone is wondering, I use the nappy rash cream Bepanthen on my tattoos when they're healing up. Don't soak it in water for the first two weeks until it's healed up just let the shower water run on it and don't wear fake tan getting a tattoo or apply fake tan over the tattoo until it's healed cause the tan will mix with the ink.

I think they're my only recommendations but that's just what I've learned and what works for me but obvs ask your tattoo artist yourself for anymore tips and advice on tattoo aftercare and that.



Now I think I've said it all so yeah I hope you enjoyed this quick post!

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment