Thursday 3 December 2015

Penneys Brushes Review

Hi everyone!

Hope you're well :)

I was just going through my brushes to see what ones need a clean! When I came across my Penneys brushes (PS Love)  that I got in my goodie bag at the #DeiseBloggers event. Thank you so much +Primark  http://primark.ie/ for these amazing products. Whoops! Basically gave away my thoughts haha.

So yeah I picked up the brushes and they needed a wash but I thought I should photograph them before the wash to show that I have used them and also the shape would be sort of lost while they're wet. Leave it to me to leave my brush cleaning the day before appointments!

Anyways, I got 3 brushes but it's more like 5 because two are double ended! You'll pay no more than €3 for a brush so that's an absolute bargain and I'm fairly sure it's synthetic hair? Correct me if I'm wrong but the brushes seem like they will work with powder, liquid or cream easily.

So first I want to talk about the contour brush which is €2! I'm all about contour and this brush reminds me so much of my +Sigma Beauty F40 contour brush which is about €20. Some difference in price. And the brushes look the exact same.


The contour brush has that nice shape that fit right into the contours of the cheeks. I find that it also distributes the product lightly so that's always a good thing with contour brushes cause you never want too much! It's also a very soft brush so it feels amazing.

Personally, after one use, I know if I like a brush or not and I really love this one. Perfect stocking filler.







Next up is the double ended foundation/concealer brush. I have only used the smaller brush for my concealer and I love it. At the moment, I have claws so I can't apply my concealer with my finger as I normally would. I was hesitant to try this brush out as it could leave brush strokes or anything. However, this brush did not do that, thankfully. So it's safe to say I love applying my concealer with this little brush. It costs just €2 and it's soo soft. That's one thing about these brushes, they are soft yet dense? Amazing.





And finally, for brushes anyway, I also tried out the double ended stippling brush. This costs €2.50 and you're really getting two brushes! This reminds me an awful lot of the Blank Canvas F26 mini buffer brush. Although this is a stippling brush, I find it too dense to be called that so to me, it's like a small buffer brush. The larger end is sort of shaped like a contour brush so that's perfect for cream contour. The smaller side is more rounded and seems perfect for blending out and buffing in concealer and highlighter. And that is exactly how I used these brushes and I loved how my makeup turned out. They're super dense brushes so they blend product out flawlessly. Again, I'm in love!






Now onto actual makeup. We got a blusher and highlighter! I don't know the names cause I threw away my boxes but the girls mentioned something like pearly queen as the highlight name but I haven't a notion of the blusher but you'll see in photos.



So firstly, I'm not a blusher person. But I wanted to test this blusher out. This blusher is insane, Soooo pigmented. Only tap your brush in once and very lightly at that. This is an amazing thing about a product, it means that a little will go a long way! And as I said I'm not normally into blusher but I think this one gives a nice colour to the face, especially in Winter! Rosy cheeks are in. I applied this with a duo fibre brush and I can't remember the price but I'm sure it was about €3 which is brilliant for such a pigmented product.




And finally, the highlighter. I am all about highlighter too so I was buzzing when we got this. This highlighter is not available in Penneys Waterford as of yet - that I know of, so if you're in the larger cities it should be there. This highlight it like a white/gold/champagne colour. It's just a lovely colour that would suit all skin. So for me, I use MaryLou Manizer by theBalm as my everyday highlight lol, so this is a lot more toned down but if you're a normal person - this is perfect for everyday and just add more if you were going out. Now because I'm such a highlight freak, I would honestly use this all over my face. I find it gives a beautiful glow more than a sparkly highlight. So I'm going to label this as a dupe for the Hourglass ambient light powders or whatever they're called. Call me crazy but that's what I like. I love an all over glow to the skin so I feel like that's what it would be perfect for. Don't use too much though, you don't want to be a disco-ball. Again I don't have the price but it's about €3 I'm sure.




We also got lashes which I will be using over the weekend so I'll keep you posted.

Overall I am really impressed with everything. I would recommend them to clients and friends and I think they're the perfect stocking filler. Defo check them out if you haven't already. Well worth the money ( which is nothing really )

I hope you enjoyed this review and if you have any questions just ask :)

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment