Monday 7 December 2015

Babydoll Tan Goddess Review!

Hey everyone!

Hope you're all well, only 18 more days till Christmas!

So today I have a tan review :) If you know me, you know I go through stages of being tanned for a few weeks and then pale for the rest of the month.

Most of the time, I only apply tan when I know I need to, like if I'm going out or to an event, I will pop on tan but I don't just wear tan for the sake of it. So I typically use this tan from +Primark which is €3.50. I love being overly dark, so I always pick up the dark shade. Now this tan from +Primark is instantly dark but also develops so by the end of the night I'm on a whole other level but it's okay. Now this tan that I usually use, makes me dark for the night and when I wash it off the next day, it's pretty much gone.

My legs and chest do not hold tan on very well - I find after I wash tan off, those are the areas I need to apply more onto even after the shower. Maybe it's just me but I love being dark so I'll more.

Now that was all about my 'usual' tan. Now I'm going to move onto +Babydoll Cosmetics Tan Goddess. Just needed to tell you about the +Primark tan so that we can compare the two.



I knew I was going out Friday so I decided to try out Tan Goddess. I popped the tan on at about 2 o clock. Now the tan is slightly instant when you first apply it but it wasn't as dark as my +Primark tan when that first went on, so I was a bit iffy. However, a few hours later, it did darken up a bit more and I was happy enough with the colour. I would have liked it darker but I wasn't going out out so I wasn't too bothered by it.


This is me going out that Friday night. Here you can see how dark I am and this is with the flash on, taken with  my iPhone. So I'm not too dark but I'm usually darker.

So yep I did my makeup and went out. I was in the cinema so I couldn't even tell if it was getting darker and then we moved onto the pub so again I couldn't tell but I did meet up with my friend in the pub and I said I was a bit worried about the colouring and she told me to not worry, that I would be super dark when I woke up the next day and by God wasn't she right!

Yeah I woke up the next day like I was another race. Should have also mentioned that I got the shade dark, as always with any other tan that I get. So yep I was delighted with the colour of myself the next day. It obviously needed that over night to develope, which is just something I'm not personally used to but I'm clearly not normal with my tanning routine. I do know that most people apply their tan the night before they need it and all that so yeah it's absolutely perfect for that. I have no pictures of the next day but just trust me that I was dark haha!

Thank God I learned how to use the tan haha! Also, I used the +Babydoll Cosmetics tanning mitt which is super soft and velvety - really recommended this mitt because I have never seen a tan apply more evenly than this with the mitt. The mitt is now a new favorite of mine!



Now to see how the tan wore off. This tan does not wear off haha! Well it hasn't yet. I'm used to my +Primark tan just washing off after two washes and going a bit grubby. However the +Babydoll Cosmetics  Tan Goddess has yet to come off on me at all. It is now Monday and I applied it Friday and there is no sign of it wearing away. Obviously the tan colour is fading but it is fading off so evenly - even my hands look great still and that is not the case with any other tan I have used.

I'm absolutely delighted with this tan. As I said I was iffy at the start but now I will always prep myself the night before and I know then that I'll have fab tan that night and also for the days after. Who doesn't love to be tanned? And just having a nice tan even days after you have applied it and washed yourself is always a bonus.


I just took this photo today, Monday, and this is how dark I am with the flash on. You can see how even the tan still is and how dark it is. Thumbs up from me.

You can pick up +Babydoll Cosmetics  Tan Goddess in any Sam McCauleys along with the mitt. The tan is only €10 and a little bit does a long way especially when you use such a good mitt - that's another point that I should have mentioned - the tan goes so far. I only needed two pumps for my arms and shoulders which is nothing because I needed about 4 pumps with other tans and again the mitt does distribute the tan evenly and effectively so you're not wasting product and getting value for money. I'll pop a link below to the tan on Sam McCauleys online.


So I would recommend this tan.
  • Goes on evenly.
  • Develops beautifully over night.
  • Washes off like a dream.
  • Fades evenly.
  • It's affordable.
  • The smell isn't bad at all - not a strong odor from it.
  • The mitt is also amazing.
  • Lasts for ages.
  • Value for money.
  • Colour is fab. I got the dark shade.
I will defo be re purchasing this tan. Step away from Sally for a moment girls and try this out. You won't be disappointed. It's a tan that will last ages in the bottle and on the skin.

Hope you enjoyed this little review and found it helpful. Let me know if you try it out!

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment