Sunday 15 November 2015

Weekend Away in Cork!

Hi everyone!

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you may know I was in Cork over the weekend. This post will be just what we done during our time there. So just a little bit of info, we stayed in The Maldron Hotel Cork and booked with them through booking.com so we got a good deal. Considering we only booked this two weeks in advance, I think €264 was good for a 3* hotel. Also, 'we' refers to myself and Richard :)



Day 1

So we got the bus from town to Cork city bus station which cost €19.50 for a student return and the journey was about 1 hour 15 mins long, not too bad at all. It was lashing out so we just went straight to the hotel. Only for Google maps we'd have never found it. The hotel is a ten min walk from the bus station which isn't bad but when it's raining and you have bags it can be difficult to stay positive.

So we reached the hotel, checking in takes a bit of time but before we knew it we were in this amazing room. The rooms on the website look exactly the same in real life and that can be a rare sight! The bed was massive, loads of storage space and the bathroom was huge too! It had everything we needed. Quick change out of the wet clothes and we headed for the shops. I was getting my own Christmas presents from my parents so I picked up the Smoky Palette by Urban Decay for €41 in the Debenhams 10% off sale and Richie also got me the Shadowbox Palette - both mentioned in my Christmas wishlist - I also got myself new Nike Roshe Runs for only €38, perks of having tiny feet, in Lifestyle Sports :) Also popped into MAC and got a Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 for €23 for myself.




The hotel is a two minute walk from Opera Lane which is where all the best shops are such as Topshop, River Island and H&M. We went into like every shop up Opera Lane and then up and down Patrick's Street and also Oliver Plunkett Street! We were all over Cork. I didn't know my way around at first but now I know it like the back of my hand. I got hungry and me being me and awkward af, we just went to McDonald's and then we were greeted by my best friend Danielle and her housemates Kate & Megan and Steve! 

After we ate our food we went back into Debenhams to get Nanny Anne a birthday gift and then myself and Rich went back to the hotel to change and meet the lads for more food! So we ended up going to Captain Americas which is such a cool place but I just couldn't eat anything other than chips, I'm so awkward like...Rich got a burger tho - lucky him.


After that we all parted ways. It was lovely to see my best friend in the city she studies in and to meet her friends! I'll be back soon guys :) We just headed back to the hotel for a night in, no way was I going out in that rain!


Day 2

Even though it was a weekend away, we had nothing but visitors haha. The two boys came to visit us so it was up and out of the hotel by eleven and into the shops & starbucks. Topman seems like their favorite place cause I was in there about ten times over the weekend but it's okay because even on sale items, I get a student discount! The lads had me buying the shop out.




We got tired of shopping really quickly and went for our lunch/dinner. Danielle had asked her friends for us where could we eat and they recommended the CoqBull which is a chicken and beef place. Best restaurant ever. I got half a chicken and chips with a coke for €16,50 so prices are similar to Nandos but this is even better. The boys couldn't even finish their burgers!



We were so stuffed after that but had to go back shopping so I went to Hairspray which recently opened in Cork City and there was some 50% off deal with real human hair clip ins, I was going in for the synthetic hair because it's cheaper but I was able to get real hair for the same price! I got a two pack of clip ins for €49.50!

That cannot be rotated sorry!
Then I think we went back to the hotel to show the lads the room and that just to take a short break and leave some bags there because we had gathered a lot! So we literally popped in and out and went back out to the shops again. I swear the hotel staff probably hated us! We went to penneys of course and I got the little hat that you see in the first picture for €4 and cute minion slipper socks for €6! Aren't I as good to myself haha! Also went to JD Sports I think? And got those tight Adidas trackends so I am now officially a WITwanker. Got these in the kids side for €35.


We went to Centra and got some goodies for the night. My type of goodies are Avonmore super whole milk and a bag of Tayto's Bistros. I was buzzing. So yeah after that we went back to the hotel, again. The lads stayed for a bit and then went home on the bus and we had another night in, it was still miserable outside.


Day 3

Our last day in the city! So sad to go cause it was a great weekend! But we got up nice and early to pack - we had a lot to bring home. So here's our last selfie in the hotel room, bye bye Maldron :(


We then went to Starbucks - shocker. Hot Chocolate for breakfast is great. We got this at like 11:45 and we had planned to go to CoqBull one last time before we left.


So there's me enjoying my hot chocolate and now here's me in CoqBull again, enjoying half a chicken.


CoqBull is amazing. I'd highly recommend you try it out next time you're in Cork. It's just around the corner from Opera Lane but you can find them on Facebook so give them a like and go try it out, you won't be disappointed! We finished up in there at like 1:30 and we had to run to get the 1:40 bus home because we didn't fancy waiting another hour, I just wouldn't recommend a bus journey home with a fully belly of Starbucks and CoqBull haha!

Here's a collage of us over the 3 days we spent in Cork. It was worth every penny and I can't wait to go back again! :)




Hope you enjoyed this post - not really makeup related but whatevaaa!


Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment