Sunday 29 November 2015

First Impressions

Hi everyone! So if you saw my last blog post

http://jodirochemakeup.blogspot.ie/2015/11/deiseblogger-event-2015.html

You would have seen the amazing things we got in our goodie bag. Well since there is so much to get through, I thought about doing first impressions firstly and then if I still like and use the products, I'll do a favourites post maybe at the end of the month! Hopefully I'll have gotten through the goodie bags by then!

So today is Sunday and I'm being extremely lazy and I just popped in the shower a minute ago and decided to take some products with me! I had been up since 8 Saturday doing my hair, tan and makeup so you know yourself you just need to shower after events and all that!

I tried out a few products so here we go! Here is my face before, eyeliner still on my eyes and all! Fab!


And here are the products I just tried out!


I brought the Thalgo shower gel in with me and the Moogoo cleansing bar.

I immediately loved the smell of the soap when I smelt it last night so I just had to use it today. It's an oatmeal smell and its right up my street. I absolutely adore this scent and soap. I wouldn't be an expert on soap now so I didn't know if this was just hand soap or what but I threw it on everywhere, didn't even read the box either.

Moogoo is actually an Australian brand and believes in using all natural ingredients! It's even suitable for infants so anyone can use this stuff. Each cleansing bar is enriched with cocoa butter and olive oil to give you amazingly soft skin! I can agree with that fully like my skin feels so so soft and I smell great. So I honestly do love this stuff.

I mean what can I say about a shower gel really? When I saw it last night I was like ah grand a shower gel like whatever but I want to give each brand a try and so I did today. I used the Thalgo marine shower gel and oh my god, to me, it smells like the beach. Like it does have that sea salt smell or just beachy smell but not only does it have the scent, it makes you feel fresh. The smell goes away, I think? Well I can't smell it on myself anymore anyway but the fresh feeling stays.

I think the Thalgo shower gel combined with the Moogoo cleaning bar is a great combo. You smell fab from the bar and feel fresh after the gel! Win/win situation here. Especially great on a Sunday, if you catch my drift.. haha!

So after my shower I used a few facial products. Firstly I used the Bioderma micellar water. I mean I'm like everyone and I have the Garnier micellar water. I've only ever tried these two and for me anyway they're both the same. They both remove my makeup and cleanse my face so I do like the Bioderma miceller water.


Then I applied the Ziaja deep moisturizing cream and I think this is from the marine algae line. Ziaja is a polish company that are fairly new to Ireland but so affordable. You won't be paying more than €13 from like normal ranges but they also have a medical range and the most expensive thing from the medical range would be about €60 if I remember correctly.

Now I have oily skin but that doesn't mean you ever skip moisturizer. And even though I have oily skin, I do love a good thick cream. I just think it feels much nicer than a light cream. It kinda feels more luxurious. So anyway, this cream is actually for 30+ years but I like it. It has something in it that kind of plumps the skin up again which is great because as you get older you loose that plumpness. Even though I'm young, I still love that plumped up feeling. I don't mean puffy at all but just like a lovely plumped up healthy face and that is what I feel right now with this cream. I'm really enjoying this!


And finally, I applied the Jessica phenomen oil on top. Jessica is actually a nail salon that started in 1969! And the products would be available in any of the big salons or spas around. So this oil is actually for your like nail area on the hands and feet. However, I watch Desi Perkins and iluvsarahii on YouTube and Instagram and they actually apply oils to their face or mix in with foundation.

Now as I said I have oily skin but I love it be feeling just luxurious and that's what oil does for me. It's just so fancy to me! So I took about 3 drops and patted that into my skin on top of that Ziaja cream and my face just feels amazing and hydrated.

So far I am genuinely liking these products. I'm all about being honest with my readers and I wouldn't just tell ye I liked something for the sake of it but I really do like these products. Bare in mind, this is a first impression of them, so like I could wake up tomorrow with a break out and hate these products by tomorrow. I will let ye know if that happens, hopefully not.

This is my face after I have applied all the products mentioned. Just seems to have more of a glow to it and just healthier.



I hope you enjoyed this first impression!

Thanks for reading!Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment