Sunday 7 February 2016

New Look Makeup Event

Hey everyone!

So as I'm sure you've seen, I was a part of my local New Look's first ever Makeup Event! Myself and Jillian were asked to come in and do some makeup demo's using New Look's own makeup range called Pure Colour. I was absolutely delighted to be asked! Thanks a mill to Cherene for thinking of me, Jenny for being a fab manager, Bernie for being my lovely model and my brilliant brother Kenny for his amazing photos! And of course a huge thank you do everyone that popped in to watch, ask question or to just say hello!



So guys we headed over at about 1:30 to get ready! Our space was set up for us, all we had to do was grab the products we needed. I'm fairly sure we took one of everything haha! So we started just after two o clock and we had a fab crowd there. I think we were all a bit nervous at first but after a while we all got into the swing of things!



The first look we created was a day time look and Pure Colour products have amazing makeup that's super wearable during the day and is flawless! So I had Bernie as my model for that which was just fab love Bernie such an amazing girl!



As I said we were a bit awkward but this was a first for Dungarvan and I think it went as well as it could have! After we done our looks on our models, the questions poured in which was great. So happy that people came up and chatted about the products, it was a real girly time!



And honestly that's kind of what we did all day! It was fab. We just kept doing little demos, chatting about the products, giving tips and advice. I absolutely loved this now, the blogger in me defo came out!



I think all of New Look's makeup is brilliant as it's all under €10 and you can get a student discount if you're in secondary school or college! So it's fab but I did fall in love with some items so I'm just going list them here, I don't think I have photos of them all but they're easily found in store :)

So I love the illuminating primer, it gives a smooth finish to the skin and is so pearlescent. A brilliant base for the makeup if you want an all over glowy, dewy look which is fab for Spring/Summer time.

The foundation/contour sticks are amazing! They're like the good old pan stick, but even better! Full coverage and creamy and blend out soooo easily. Highly recommend this as a foundation all over or to highlight and contour with!

Now I love these next bits, these three you will find side by side in store at the makeup counter! And they are a blush, bronzer and highlighter. They're huge in terms of packaging so you'll have it forever because a little goes a long long way. The highlight is a copy for the MAC soft & gentle, the bronzer is a copy for the MAC give me sun bronzer and the blush is just a shade that will suit every single skin tone. I can't rave about these enough, you need them and they're so affordable, you can get 3 instead of just one thing from MAC.

And my final thing that I fell in love with are the Matte Lip Colours and liners to match! You may have seen on my page that I've been wearing the matte lip colour in Mink and it's the exact same as Honeylove by MAC and its a fraction of the MAC price. I just can't even rave about this makeup line enough.

I hope my readers and followers know by now that I wouldn't recommend something unless I really liked it myself. So I'm getting paid for any of this or anything like that at all! I was just asked to do makeup in New Look using the products and I ended up loving most of the products.



If you ever have any questions just snap me or message me because I feel like we helped a lot of girls yesterday and that's what it's all about! I really hope you enjoyed this post and I have so many photos on my page or instagram so defo go check those out!

I cannot wait to hopefully do another event, it was an amazing experience and thank you again to everyone that made it happen! Thoroughly enjoyed myself :) Thanks for having me New Look Dungarvan!



Thanks for reading!Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment